22 coaches online • Server time: 07:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peacedove

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to check out a replay from a good player, I selected Tautologi and choose his Wood elves first match

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=443590

When i play it his opponent start of with blocking and getting pows/pushbacks, but it appears the wood elves are only pushed back! is this a replay error or did the orc oppoennt choose to not knock down Tautologis palyers. It seems weird.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of those elfs have dodge and hence could only be knocked down on a POW or POW/Skull (and the WDs can only be knocked down on POW's) result which the orcs didnt roll enough of Read the rules for blocking in the LRB and you will see why
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What you are seeing is the action selected. Every time a player elects to perform a block action it shows as a POW symbol...the "second" sympol (push, in this case) is the result that got selected. The replay doesn't show oth choices, just the one that got used.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What you are seeing is the action selected. Every time a player elects to perform a block action it shows as a POW symbol...the "second" sympol (push, in this case) is the result that got selected. The replay doesn't show both choices, just the one that got used.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What you are seeing is the action selected. Every time a player elects to perform a block action it shows as a POW symbol...the "second" symbol (push, in this case) is the result that got selected. The replay doesn't show both choices, just the one that got used.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What you are seeing is the action selected. Every time a player elects to perform a block action it shows in the replay window as a POW symbol...the "second" symbol (push, in this case) is the result that got selected. The replay doesn't show both choices, just the one that got used.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

.I am a big fan of the replay option and am glad to see it being used!
What you are seeing in the window is the "action selected". So when a coach elects to block you see the same symbol as per the action bar. In this case the POW symbol indicates the players action was a block and the result chosen was "push". The replay doesn't show both dice rolled, only the result that was applied. As you watch furthur you'll see that if a player moves you will see the "footsteps" symbol, if he fouls you will see the skull/feet symbol, if he passes the passing symbol and so on. Enjoy the replays! A great way to learn the game and how other people play!

I am sure Michael Warblade knew this but was probably confused Wood Elves weren't being fouled Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

On that note, you would probably gain more from watching his early replays, where the players aren't skilled up so much.
Elwen

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

no, the first pow means hes throwing a block, and the second pic is the result he picked
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

oops, double post,

well [edit] don't forget that what the guy above me said is right, too

the ratios of pushes vs knockdown is explained by the excellent Mr Warblade up there, too.

and i re-iterate and expand - if you watch the early games, you'll see how to coach a team to the point where they get to choose lots of skills!

and have them on linos as well as Wardancers and catchers Wink
tautology

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

tautology sucks and so do his wood elves! Heheh! Just thought I'd say that before anyone else did Wink
Here's a better game, IMO.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=414686
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

besides Tautologi would never cheat!
tautology

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Playing Wood Elves IS cheating!
Peacedove

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I get it. I misinterpreted the symbols. I though I saw a Pow result when it was actually only an indication of a block action, sorry mates?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

tautology wrote:
Quote:

Playing Wood Elves IS cheating!

Yep... especially when they refuse to go from the pitch and end some dark-elven winning-streak Wink
 Jump to: