49 coaches online • Server time: 18:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quod

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If verbose dice synching is "enabled" in options, it may be possible to do this with your own results.zip
I haven't got a results.zip with verbose synching enable, but will report back when I confirm this.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quod wrote:

# (http://www.kik-it.com/index.php?P=woop)
# (woop is needed for correct count on pow, pushback, skull)

You could also use
Code:
find /c " POW " d:\logs\tmp.log >> d:\logs\results.log

(with a space before and after POW) to find only the POWs (without POW/SKULL and PUSHBACK/POW). So you wouldn't need woop.

findstr supports regular expressions but has no count option.
Renno

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Question.. Does the parser count armor rolls and seperate them from other rolls?

I mean if you fumbled with the ball the entire game but rolled more average or high end on armor rolls how would you know? Smile
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That wouldn't matter because that's just luck.

What you need to determine randomness would be the following:

1) The limit of the standard deviation for the total number of each number rolled approaches zero as the number of dice rolled goes to infinity.
2) Average difference between consecutive rolls approaches 1.87 (the standard deviation of the set {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}) as the number of dice rolled goes to infinity.

The first criterium checks that each number is rolled the same amount of times on average. The second checks that the numbers don't "bunch". If those two things are checked then the RNG can be labeled "random".

With the current log parser checking #2 is impossible, as it doesn't save the string of numbers rolled, just the total.

Of course I'm not totally sure of those two criteria either, but to my relatively well-educated mind I think that's all you really need.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

As far as the list at the end, I assume that's the postgame (FF and winnings) rolls. Any idea if you or your opponent hosted the result files you're checking? Might be that the host makes all those rolls... I'm not sure.

No... those dice rolls (9x rolls at the end of the game) are clearly after FF+winnings... I guess even after MVP. It would be REALLY interesting, what those rolls are for...
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe those are the skill up rolls javabb does automatically? For use by non-Fumbbl leagues.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This parser does not distinguish between any type of rolls, ie armour, wa, dodge etc. It does not take any account of 2db, 3db blocks either, just how many total block dice you rolled for that match.

And after some searching, verbose logging enabled does not allow you to parse your own rolls. =(
so atm with this batch, you still need your opponents results.

I will make some modifications so that the script can be run without "woop" based on Dementor's suggestion.
(damned if I could think of it myself, tried everything but putting spaces in the search /sigh)

edit: those 9x rolls, seem to be only on the hosting machines logs, not on the client at all.

Someone with alot more scripting skills than myself could probably enable counting different groups togethor. ie, 2db would have
Verified Opponent Roll = POW/SKULL
Verified Opponent Roll = POW/SKULL
one after the other, but being able to differentiate between 2d opponent choice, not sure.

Of course a skilled scripter could probably get it to reference your team list and match rolls to player, be a hell of a lot of work though.

Jump to: