50 coaches online • Server time: 14:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
doktor

Post 4 Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi , new here!
Ive been waiting to get approved for like an hour now is this normal? Is tehre a way someone can see this thread and approve my team or something? Please help, Ive got gaming fever...
Thanks
Bruno

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the approval people are... just people. And people have other obligations than hanging around here. Not that it seem to stop them from doing it considering the quick service you often get =)

But, ask for approvers in the irc usually works well enough.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I am a Fumbbl approval snob and it is my job to snub you and call you a n00b and tell you to read this page.

Welcome to Fumbbl. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Told you! I told you not putting 'posting and you' in a public place would create more of these threads!

Now they're even asking for approval in the forums Image Image

I'm telling you, we need a getting started link...

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Or..... even better have a fourth link to a thread permanently at the top of the page entitled something like 'Before you use the forums read this' detailing some of the key topics that have been covered and containing a link to the userguide. I'd also emphasise the permanent natue of the link since if is isn't really obvious people are going to miss it.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

50% of these threads are fed by Inquisitorpustus...

uhm... Very Happy

when will u start your own? Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

aye. a "READ THIS B4 POSTING SMTH HERE U %*%ยง NOOB"-thread would be really useful. but hey inqui, where would u get ur rage written away then ? Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats fine by me I'm bored stiff of ranting. Ah I remember a time in ye olden days when I could read something funny or interesting here, possibly add my 2 cents to any issue I was vaguley interested in and vent my boredom in 'fouling part of the game?'. Now there's the odd thread posted by someone with something new to ask and loads of others either on the same topic or something increasingly trivial.

I would make the thread myself if it was a permanent feature on the main page or by the three forum thread links at the top. Otherwise it'd just be a waste of my time. We used to have a getting started link and this kind of post didnt happen so where did it go?

And in anycase I just want to poke Mezir till he sorts it. Image

Its quicker if people know straight away what to do...

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't actually have any forum privilegdes...

Neither can I fix an extra link at the top of the page. I am just a peon with some extra pages accessible. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think we need a permanent link. People just need to read the rules. People who refer this site to friends should also encourage newbs to read the rules too.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah /me pokes mOnty

Good idea?/bad idea?

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Neither does m0nty as far as I know. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
I don't think we need a permanent link. People just need to read the rules. People who refer this site to friends should also encourage newbs to read the rules too.

Its not instantly obvious when you join where the rules are or even that the game involves complicated rules. If youve never played bb before it must be quite a daunting prospect to find everything you need to play.

If we had one obvious source it would give the current influx of new coaches a really obvious place to fing everything.

Rather than searching through the rules link to fing the userguide we could set out a new player section. If it was clearly marked and contained all of the newbie questions I think it would be helpfull.

Gaaa /me pokes Christer, does he have forum privileges?

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Its not instantly obvious when you join where the rules are or even that the game involves complicated rules. If you've never played bb before it must be quite a daunting prospect to find everything you need to play.

And this would also be against the law in most countries. You are not allowed to use the java client without owning a copy of Blood Bowl. And check your spleing as well, okey? Wink
kurre

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh...

Speaking of spleing rick_s_chris.

Smile
 Jump to: