36 coaches online • Server time: 11:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Renno

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

/vents

I play a F2b game against another Chaos Dwarf team who is slightly less skilled then my own giving them a handicap. However it's against a 160+ rated coach and I think like the other times cool lets see what they do differently.

Through out the game my opponent is having above average to superb luck including 1 dice blitz on my ball carriers even stunning or KO them.

If Nachtogen wasn't lucky enough.. Last turn of the game his Chaos Dwarf Lineman inctercepts the ball (6+), makes a dodge roll (4+), makes a short pass (5+) to his Bull Centaur who is in 1 TZ who then catches the ball (5+), which then blitz's off the player in his TZ and scores a touch down.

Everytime now I've played a 160+ rated coach they've had this type of luck while I've had less then average luck.

And it's not suppose to frustrate me?

/vent off

-Edit-
Britnoth fixed my miss calculations in the actual dice needed.

Last edited by Renno on %b %14, %2004 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

shut up defend better and bribe nuffle by holding his son hostage

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DDF

Your secret to stopping your opponent when they don't miss a roll?
Sionis

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Against a Khemri team, basic skellies (no throw-ra's or blitz-ra's involved), turn 8 of the second half, and he had no rr's.

GFI twice, throws a long pass, has another skellie catch it, GFI once, and score the winning td.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you got your sums wrong?

Interception = 6+
Single dodge out by ag2 = 4+
Short pass by ag2 = 5+
Catch by ag2 in 1 tz = 5+

Knowing exactly how likely somethng is to succeed is a good way to improve. not as good as rolling sick dice though. Razz
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DaBoss wrote:
Your secret to stopping your opponent when they don't miss a roll?

A sense of humor? Perspective? The intrinsic human ability to laugh at one's own misfortune?

Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This just can't be. Everyone knows the random number generator is broken and everyone is having bad luck all the time... Very Happy
Renno

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Maybe you got your sums wrong?

Interception = 6+
Single dodge out by ag2 = 4+
Short pass by ag2 = 5+
Catch by ag2 in 1 tz = 5+

Knowing exactly how likely somethng is to succeed is a good way to improve. not as good as rolling sick dice though. Razz

You're correct the dodge out was a 4+. Like that makes a huge difference. Wink And the pass might of been a Long Pass but I was to frustrated to care at the time.

I failed to mention him throwing a 2 dice block at the start of the turn with a hobby against my mino (who had tentacles reaching for the Chaos Dwarf) getting a push back / dodge,pow forcing my Minotaur back.

I mean its not like I missed EVERY catch the entire game on a 3+ even missing bonehead on my bull centaur (duh where am I) the entire first half forcing me to use all my re-rolls just so I had a chance of using him in the first half among many other rolls.

Sorry if I'm a bit frustrated.

Last edited by Renno on %b %14, %2004 - %20:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Things like that happen. Last turn plays can be really funky.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Things like that happen. Last turn plays can be really funky.

Heh, tell me about it. Last turn with my DE vs KidCrestHill's dwarves - my blitzer miss throws the (short) TD pass into the crowd. The crowd throws it back...to his trollslayer, who catches it. He runs down, hands it off, that dwarfs runs down, makes a pass, and that dwarf catches it to run in the TD, I lose 1-2. I was bitter for a while after that (especially since my AG6 blitzer died that game thanks to Mickey Finn), but the addiction was stronger in the long run! Wink
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant believe youd complain about a play like that.
i love it when things like that happen (to either player) as it realy makes a game entertaining Laughing
Molt

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree - this kind of stuff rocks!
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure it rocks.

Unless you are on the receiving end.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of bad luck, sometimes I wonder why my armor nine guys get SI or Dead more often then the armor seven guys they are playing. Even if both teams have the same number of players knocked down. It has gotten to the point where my teams were so devastated I just retired them all and now I won't play ranked games anymore. This only seems to happen in the ranked league for some reason.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
sometimes I wonder why my armor nine guys get SI or Dead more often then the armor seven guys they are playing.

Divine retribution for cherrypicking soft teams with your bashers? Wink
 Jump to: