47 coaches online • Server time: 20:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dust

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Interception = 6+
Single dodge out by ag2 = 4+
Short pass by ag2 = 5+
Catch by ag2 in 1 tz = 5+

According to my calculations, the odds of this happening is 1/108, which is only about half as unlikely as a three-dice block coming up with three skulls (1/216) - something I'm sure we've all experienced

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

When stuff like that happens, you just have to shake your head and laugh. I've done it, and been on the receiving end a few times. Just go on and play another game. Smile
Dust

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Interception = 6+
Single dodge out by ag2 = 4+
Short pass by ag2 = 5+
Catch by ag2 in 1 tz = 5+

According to my calculations, the odds of this happening is 1/108, which is only about half as unlikely as a three-dice block coming up with three skulls - something we've all experienced, I'm sure.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

When stuff like that happens, you just have to shake your head and laugh. I've done it, and been on the receiving end a few times. Just go on and play another game.

Bahhh ....Curse like a drunken sailor with ass rash and eventually Nuffle will come to your aid. Or at the very least you will distract your opponent.

Classic comment from my Div-U game last night :

Grave77digger - you have a foul mouth
Mully - does that offend you?
Grave77digger - nah ...just an observation
Mully - good

hhehe

Last edited by Mully on %b %14, %2004 - %22:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Dust

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry 'bout that, didn't think it got uploaded...

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="DaBoss"]
Interception = 6+ 16% highly unlikely but not so impossible
Single dodge out by ag2 = 4+ 50% average
Short pass by ag2 = 5+ 33% difficult but possible
Catch by ag2 in 1 tz = 5+ 33% difficult but possible

What to add more? This is Blood Bowl not statistics, or better to be more precise:
<b>This is fumBBl not statistics</b>
tautology

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

There's really no great point to be made about a spectacular play...that's just good drama and happens all the time. What really makes you question your way of life is when you just take it up the @ss all game, like this recent travesty:http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=492061

For the record, Foolwholaughsatdeath is a friend of mine IRL...and I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. It's really a shame that the game crashed so a full replay is not available. The first 2 turns were poor but recoverable, but then things started getting ridiculous. Really ridiculous.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Speaking of bad luck, sometimes I wonder why my armor nine guys get SI or Dead more often then the armor seven guys they are playing. Even if both teams have the same number of players knocked down. It has gotten to the point where my teams were so devastated I just retired them all and now I won't play ranked games anymore. This only seems to happen in the ranked league for some reason.

I bet you are much more careful with your av7 guys, while your av9 guys are always in the thick of things. Thus they hit the ground more often, and are also most likely to be hit by mighty blow etc. So yep, more chances to get SI and RIP.

Or, I MADE the random number hate av9 guys. Twisted Evil

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 21:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty certain thats true ski. My chaos and cd teams put people in harms way a lot and trust to armour.

the result? My deaths match my SI's and are pretty near my BH's.

So it's not the just armour thats letting me down its the 6's YOU MAKE THE CLIENT ROLL when assesing how bad i get hurt.

Curse you (while thanking you for the lovely client)
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

/me clears throat........"ARGGGGGHHHH....please god make it stop... I can't take it anymore...why me...why are you doing this"

thank you for listening
Renno

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

SkiJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Speaking of bad luck, sometimes I wonder why my armor nine guys get SI or Dead more often then the armor seven guys they are playing. Even if both teams have the same number of players knocked down. It has gotten to the point where my teams were so devastated I just retired them all and now I won't play ranked games anymore. This only seems to happen in the ranked league for some reason.

I bet you are much more careful with your av7 guys, while your av9 guys are always in the thick of things. Thus they hit the ground more often, and are also most likely to be hit by mighty blow etc. So yep, more chances to get SI and RIP.

Or, I MADE the random number hate av9 guys. Twisted Evil

hehe

I think my AV7 guys have the same tailor as halflings do. Razz

My AV9 guys have armor built for tanks except ironically my Chaos Dwarves who I named "Death Defied" and havn't got the hang of defying death. Laughing

When playing my AV7 teams I'm an aggresive coach so I should be seeing high casualties but after all this is bloodbowl right? Shocked
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I blame the bling bling
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically after the past few games Nachtogen deserves all the luck he gets. Yeah someone rolling a load of 5's and 6's might screw up a plan.... so make a new one. If they were having to roll those kind of numbers you were obviously beating them into a pulp....

do it again Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Corporate i think you hit the mark with that one Smile
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2004 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of my Defensive tactics envolve making the opponent roll as many dice as possible and hope he rolls enough 1's to fail sounds like what you did sure sometimes people get lucky and score but mostly they fall over/fumble the ball and then they dont score. I think it is interesting what you can see happen in the last turn when your opponent cares less about failing any rolls and more about taking the chance to score. I remember some matches where I have rolled as good or better than he did and even some where my opponents have done the same but the vast majority of my matches are unremarkable in the last few turns because they generally fail. Equally I remember the great matches where all I have to do is GFI to win and I roll 2 ones and die (poor player) or matches where he blocks the one guy who i need to be unstunned and stuns him so I cant score in the last turn (one of the few times when T16 Fouling is a good idea) and of course I remember the matches when I stopped the opponent scoring by similar methods. The point of having a dice based game is sometimes luck is your most bitter enemy and sometimes your greatest ally.
 Jump to: