54 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post 9 Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I hit the play botton so I can start a game.
I small window opens, I type the proxy name and hit the launch as a server (or launch as a client) botton.
Then the game asks for my password and finaly uploads my team.

After that nothing! The window of the game remains white and nothing happens.

The same thing happens when I try to spectate a game.

To play, I use the sortcut that I have on my desktop for the game. It works fine from there.

The problem started since I put the version 8.0 on my machine.

I searched for a solution but I couldn't find something around here...

I know it is not important since I can still play normaly, but if there is a solution please let me know. Thanks!
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

No solution from me, im afraid. But i have a similar problem. I also have to use a shortcut to the .jar file. If i hit the play button nothing happends, and then it says something about a Java error. Same with spectate.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you configure your browser so that it starts the new Javabloodbowl client instead of the old 7.8 one?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I can't find out how to do this. Could you help?

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sergeibautin I have the same problem you do if you find a solution let me know Smile
Cyric612
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

{ edit: On second read, this also sounds like you might have an additional problem. In the root of your HD (most likely C:/) there should be a file called "JBBLaunch.conf". Try deleting that. When you click on the play link next, it should ask you to find your bbowl folder and make a new JBBLaunch.conf file for you. That might do the trick. }

The Play button works just like the Replay link and there's a sticky thread on how to get that working.

Just for future reference, this is a FUMBBL idea and bug report, rather than a JBB problem. Just noting such in case something like this comes up again.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
{ edit: On second read, this also sounds like you might have an additional problem. In the root of your HD (most likely C:/) there should be a file called "JBBLaunch.conf". Try deleting that. When you click on the play link next, it should ask you to find your bbowl folder and make a new JBBLaunch.conf file for you. That might do the trick. }

The Play button works just like the Replay link and there's a sticky thread on how to get that working.

Just for future reference, this is a FUMBBL idea and bug report, rather than a JBB problem. Just noting such in case something like this comes up again.

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work. I found 3(!) JBBLaunch.conf files in my PC. After deleting them, I was asked to find my bbowl forlder and it made a new file like you said.

By the way, I can see replays normaly.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I had to put all my 8.0 files in the old folder so fumbbl would find it properly, that might work for you

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Sergeibautin I have the same problem you do if you find a solution let me know
Cyric612

Yep same problem for me - I noted it on the News page when the new 8.x version came out. Game only launches correctly by manually clicking on the BBowl.jar file

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

All my files are in the same bbfolder have never made a new folder and i did a search of my hardrive for jbblaunch.conf and found nothing Sad oh well i'm used to launching all my games from my desktop anyway Smile
Freelancer2

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2006 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone discovered how to fix this yet?
 Jump to: