21 coaches online • Server time: 04:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

CD as a long term and winning team
(TR 200-249 Win% 51 ) (TR 250-299 win% 58 ) (TR 300-349 win% 69 )

Orc as a long term and winning team
(TR 200-249 Win% 43 ) (TR 250-299 win% 49 ) (TR 300-349 win% 68 )

Dwarfs as a long term and winning team
(TR 200-249 Win% 43 ) (TR 250-299 win% 41 ) (TR 300-349 no statistics )

Skaven as a long term and winning team
(TR 200-249 Win% 54 ) (TR 250-299 win% 51 ) (TR 300-349 win% 59 )

If you ask me that shows pretty clear that CDs is a good long-term team and has rather good potential. What it also shows is that CDs are far superior to dwarfs. I like both thou. For some reason I have never had Orcs in ranked maybe going to change that some day? But I have recently come to love Chaos for there mutations. You can develop them into the bashy things or get a real cool runner with a big-hand. (my bighand got killed thou Sad )

see for your self http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=development

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
Usually against this tactic you can give ground very slowly , and make them have to push turn turn 6 or 7 to ensure the score ,meanwhile they should be chipping at the corner of your cage and disrupting forward movement or if your feeling saucy jump into the cage with a strip ball and a reroll . Once the balls lose your sorted for a break and score

Well, that works occasionally. Orcs have the advantage of having a decent passing game, though, which makes scoring harder to stop - make sure to keep a receiver or two outside the cage. And take Diving Tackle on many of the doubles - that messes up elves nicely.

You will, of course, use a thrower as ball carrier when you can, to negate Leap/Strip Ball.

/johan
Danisheraser

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Any reason why Undead is neglected so much? Their have a balance between bash/agility AND they have regen which should make them good in the long run.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I personally neglect them because I despise ghouls...I loved them when I could take 4 wights and no ghouls at all...

I think these days they just aren't good enough at any one thing to be picked out of the crowd...still a pretty solid team though, particularly in mid-range TRs.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead are not very impressive at higher TR. Bashy teams rip them a new one, given the fact that only 2 players have acess to guard without doubles. And while developed mummies are impressive, wights and zombies are not. Ghouls tend to die long before they can ever achieve greatness.

Compare for example with a developed Orc team. 4 BOB with at least block and guard, a sprinkling of break tackles, mighty blows and stand firms to boot. 4 blitzers with plenty tackle/guard/mighty blow plus whatever you might roll in stat increases or doubles. Add decent throwing capability an sturdy, affordable line-orcs. A regenerating lumbering idiot for the LOS to top it up.

Undead are not the best around at TR200+ IMO...

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a long term Undead team that I love. I have a decent record with them too.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=128738

They do suck in the long run, but thats why they are so fun. The ghouls die really easily but other than that the wights and zombies can be quite effective when they level up a bit.

Although Orcs and Chaos teams will destroy Undead teams without the count most of the time. As long as you have good reliable mummys then you should be ok. Undead arnt uber bashy so playing bashy all the time can really hurt your team.

By far the most fun team IMO. Winning zombies is one of the best parts, trophy zombies are great.

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are fun in the long run. If you are not too picky and try to play different races you will be struggling for team survival but you will also have some rewarding moments. And they can be kept injuryt free with some luck and skill. Orcs are too easy. Skaven are too... well, skaven. Wink

My Humans (that got past 50 games) are a real fun, and an addictive team. Outbashed by the bashers and outplayed by the elves, but nonetheless quite funny and open to different strategies.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:

Let's say the elves receive. They score on turn 2 or 3 (just for the sake of argument). Then you get the ball, cage and stall and score on turn 8. Then you receive and do the same again. You don't need any injuries (although it helps).

/johan

I've never understood the point of letting the elves go first in this situation. At the beginning of the game, the elves will still have a full roster and will have the best chance of slowing down your drive. Honestly, against a good player 5-6 turns won't be enough to score with your orcs. The second half will be pretty easy with a full eight turns to score and a (hopefully) decimated elf team...but I don't play to get a tie.

Instead, I prefer to receive if given the chance. That gives me a full eight turns to score and bash - very tough for an elf team to stop. Then, with fewer elves on the field you can pressure them to go for a two-turn TD. At that point, you've got six turns to score against an elf team that should be sporting less than eleven players on the field...not a problem.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to start as offense too, except in blizzard or pouring rain, where I hope for better weather later on.

Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Best long team team for me has always been the Chaos team, the problem is that for R it does not work very well.
Here would be my team of 11 players, considering that I rolled 1 double per player and all my players have 5 skills (aproximated TR will be of 268), and no ST, MA, or AG upgrades
Minotaur-block, guard, break tackle, pilling on, multiple block
Chaos Warrior-block, guard, tackle, claw, strip ball
Beastman-block, guard, tackle, claw, strip ball
Beastman-block, guard, tackle, two hands, sure hands
Beastman-block, guard, tackle,two hands, sure hands

I just think it will give me a very good chance to get opponent players out, while being able to have two players that will carry the ball to score. Of course if you have 5 skill rolls and two of them are doubles with no ST, MA, or AG rolls this would be my skills

Minotaur-block, guard, break tackle, Claw, multiple block
Chaos Warrior-block, guard, tackle, claw, RSC
Beastman-block, guard, tackle, claw, RSC
Beastman-block, guard, two heads, big hand, sure hands
Beastman-block, guard, two heads,big hand, sure hands

Of course, good luck finding games, but I think it will be pretty easy to tear though the other players armors then pick up the ball and score, but like I said, if you play in R good luck finding a game.

Vamps Group
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cortelll wrote:
Of course, good luck finding games, but I think it will be pretty easy to tear though the other players armors then pick up the ball and score, but like I said, if you play in R good luck finding a game.

But what's the point in building a team that no one will play against? People are reluctant to play high TR chaos teams because even if they win they may not survive. People are reluctant to play high TR dwarf teams because they are so boring and predictable. CDs, on the other hand... you can be dwarvish, but only with half your team. The hobbos make for some unpredictability in the game, which is part of the challenge. Plus, a minotaur with big hand is so much fun! I always wondered how come chaos could get mutations but not chaos dwarfs. They aren't "chaosy" enough to win favor from the evil gods?
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If chaos dwarves had gotten physical trait access, you would have to pay more for them than for a longbeard, wouldn't you?

Azurus

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
I always wondered how come chaos could get mutations but not chaos dwarfs. They aren't "chaosy" enough to win favor from the evil gods?

They don't worship the chaos gods, at least not the powerful ones. They follow Hashut, who presumably is some kind of minor chaos god.

So basically, they don't get mutations because they don't have the right contacts.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=79200

Undead is a great team, i've got the record to prove it Smile
But it is true, they lack guard against bashers at high rating. I usually win by passing and using the speed of the ghouls, maybe some stalling as well. In defence i usually can hold em of long enough not to score.
Undead can play against and win from any team, they are extremely powerfull under 200 tr, after that it's a lot harder
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

A teams record proves nothing