30 coaches online • Server time: 00:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which version of Martial Arts you would prefer?
Defender AG+d6 beat attacker AG+d6 = use AG as ST
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Defender AG+d6 beat attacker AG+d6 = equal ST
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Defender AG+d6 beat attacker ST+d6 = use AG as ST
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Defender AG+d6 beat attacker ST+d6 = equal ST
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Same as dauntless, but for defensive blocks
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
Any of them is good, if I get to play more elves with my chaos
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
All versions are too overpowering
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Whole idea is stupid
42%
 42%  [ 70 ]
Pie!
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
Other, describe below
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 166

Nordmark

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun idea but you can already add this skill by renaming already existing ones. Skills with a little fluff in it and you have MArtial Arts.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Vile and evil. We don't need to be making elves more powerful. They seem to be able to hold their own quite well enough as it stands. Perhaps if it is balanced with some new usefull st skill/trait to balance for it, but even then. Only thing I could possibly agree with is making it a defensive dauntless, like roll two d6 and if your roll matchs or exceeds your opponents st then you have deftly managed to counteract his strength advantage or something. But to base it on agility would be way too powerful.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmmm...pie.

http://weebl.jolt.co.uk
meanandgreen

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with karhumies

but to be more on-topic, I think the idea is a bit unfair Rolling Eyes . especially if it were an ag skill then goblins could easily take out big guys Rolling Eyes .

if anything it should be a racial/ ag+d6 vs. *str/ag+d6

*opponents choice, this is the opponents model btw if you didnt get it Cool
Istarios

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What if the martial arts skill/trait allowed you to add your ST and AG together, and your opponent does the same, and then use these new values as ST to figure out how many dice to roll? The skill/trait should only be used on defence. Maybe the defending player should make an AG roll to see if he's fast enough to use the skill/trait.
Just a thought. There's probably a lot of problems with such a skill, but I find the basic idea funny.
Trif

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it should only be used on your turn, so that we dont get any of these blodging elves even more impossible to knock down

"Now that's an esophagous!"
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I Like Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want Pie...get Pie NOW!!!!!

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Trif wrote:
i think it should only be used on your turn, so that we dont get any of these blodging elves even more impossible to knock down

Remember Diving Tackle before LRB?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an idea that gives me violent diarea. This skill would be better as a racial trait that could be used for a stunty team. Asians are small. Maybe the race could be called.... Maybe I shouldn't go there.

Jeffro
tza

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

your average 'bashy' team got average ST of 3 with exception of few positionals and with AG of 2 or 3.

Elf teams got ST average of 3 and AG average of 4.

think I'll just stop there and say its a bad bad idea that'd completely overpower elves..
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd like to see a tiny weeny halfling (say one with a few niggles, -ST, +AG maybe) karate chop down a raging (blitzing) minotaur with one swift swipe of his new found broken skill Rolling Eyes

funny hilarious!
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
Fun idea but you can already add this skill by renaming already existing ones. Skills with a little fluff in it and you have MArtial Arts.

I agree with Nordmark.

Block and Dodge is a version of martial arts, especially with what that last person said about dodge being moving at the right time.

Don't forget also that a new skill, Fend, is under consideration that means the blocker cannot follow up. With Block, Dodge and Fend, you have a player who behaves more or less as Bruce Lee would when being hit by a Black Orc. Not to mention Dauntless, and another new skill in experimental rules, Grapple.

Nobody means to punish your idea, but it seems to be aimed at describing at something that is already covered. No self-respecting Skaven coach hasn't at some stage decided that one of his Gutter Runners is, in fact, a ninja! And they decide this based on skills already available.
Shintyboy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Covertfun wrote:
Nordmark wrote:

No self-respecting Skaven coach hasn't at some stage decided that one of his Gutter Runners is, in fact, a ninja! And they decide this based on skills already available.

I agree you simply can't have a GR or a woodelf that can rule a big guy. Also, they have to have at least some chance of being knocked down to keep some degree of balance in the game.
Menikmati

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

he wouldnt need to knock him down on defence. maybe some dauntless like roll with just a pushback or dodge when it succeeds. but still theres no real point. if i got a mino i want to crush therefore it is Very Happy