53 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I fire Bushy Beard (Longbeard, +ST, +ST, Guard, n)
A niggle is a niggle, get rid of him
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Keep him, one niggling injury ain't bad
21%
 21%  [ 37 ]
You are insane. He has ST 5. For Nuffle's sake, keep him!
35%
 35%  [ 61 ]
You are not worthy of this player. Why even *think* of firing him?
14%
 14%  [ 25 ]
I'm actually not sure myself - and I wouldn't want to have to make the decision.
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
This is sick. The whole team is sick. Retire them all! Now! They cannot be allowed to live!
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 171

Mezir

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, part of this thread is me bragging... If you don't want to hear it, go somewhere else. Smile

Anyway, on to the point. A lot of you will probably have heard of my Dwarf team, The Waddling Warriors - yes, that would be the one with far too much +ST in it.

After my last match, I've run into a small problem. I run a very strict "no niggled players" policy on my teams. I've fired +ST players for it before. But now... My +ST Guard Longbeard, Bushy Beard just got his third skill. He niggled - but also gained another strength increase...

Yes, that makes 8 strength increases in 47 matches. Yes, that makes him my third ST 5 Longbeard.

I am very tempted not to fire this player. Not only so I can keep my 13 players while skilling up the rest of my team (I have been in recovery mode since playing in an Ulthuan Invitational qualifier that cost me five players, three of which were really good), but so I can have two ST 5 players at the same time. And face it, it's a niggle, it only means absence in one of every six matches.

I'm a bit miffed that he couldn't roll the 5+ to avoid aging, but that's the way it goes (previous aging roll was a failed 4+ for another player, who got fired on the spot).

So, what does the community at large think? I'm expecting a vast majority to say "keep him", however, I'm wondering how many people would fire this guy. I might be one of them. I still haven't decided.

</brag>

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him. I usually fire nigglers if I can afford it (in R anyway), but I wouldn't fire a 3 skilled player with +ST +ST.
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

cut the team. for the common good.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I swear you use your admin powers to cheat on skill rolls for those +ST.
I dont keep nigglers, all but 1 - just because i want to keep him to legend first, then i'll retire him.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1444527

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

amazing rolls, but on topic, i would say you got enough players to stand up for yourself now, the last st5 with niggle (my oppinion) will just waste your time, not much to build on and it can get more a pain then a blessing to decide if to use apoc on a -av next time, and then the random games where you count on him being there to weight out the st, and ofcouse he niggles.

anyways awesome team, realy wrong, and i bet its cheat and not luck Smile
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

goddam. With my ma rolls and your st rolls we could conquor the world.

fire the niggler. help you get games and keeps the tr down.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think retirement is a good option. First of all, he's not costing that much TR. You fire a niggled player because he's a detriment to the team. When a player gets to a high level but is not assured to play, he becomes a liability. The problem then is that you have to face stronger teams if you don't want to give away handicap, yet you're not assured to have possibly your best players available for the game. Your dwarf team doesn't have such a problem, so what you get a st5 dwarf that plays 5 out of 6.

The other thing is that longbeards don't skill up that fast. You certainly wouldn't be better off with a rookie than this guy. I encourage you to maintain this crazy team you've got and I suggest anyone who hasn't played them to challenge them. In the worst case, that FF 25 makes it a very profitable bet. And who knows, you could always get lucky and beat them! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
I swear you use your admin powers to cheat on skill rolls for those +ST.

Fortunately for me, I don't actually have those powers (or I'd get rid of the aging while I was at it). If I did, Christer would probably get on my case. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Man you have Streangth increasments! I wouldn´t fire him. He gives more to the team than he hurts them.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I would keep him but I voted "I'm actually not sure myself - and I wouldn't want to have to make the decision."
He is a Longbeard or we could say Dwarf Lineman. Usually I keep a good Lineman with niggle.

At the other hand he is not just a good Lineman. It is not the (around) 13 TR points that cost you... Many teams will refuse to play you because of him and there are chances that he will miss games against very strong teams that will accept your challenge.

I would think of making that team a tournament team since it is a beast team, but that's just me that I like the unranked tournaments more than the ranked division.

It is good that it is not my team and I don't have to take the decision Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
goddam. With my ma rolls and your st rolls we could conquor the world.

I'll bring the +AG rolls and we'll not only conquer it, but we'll make it look easy. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same problem with my War Dancer. He got an aging niggle on his first skill. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1485259

Jeffro
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno Mezir...keeping that 'one niggling cause they got ST5' is how my Dark Elves got in the niggled mess they are in today...although she begged to be kept when she rolled +ST for a third straight skill roll...demn those +2 to stat limits... Sad
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, with dwarves you can always risk to take the apothecary for the niggling player.

SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I only fire nigglers that are useless. I have the topscoring Elf-thrower, he just reached Super-Star status, and got his 2:nd niggle, but i dont have the heart to fire him. After all, statistically he will be around for 66% of the games. And he is soooo good!

Jump to: