83 coaches online • Server time: 22:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Double for a Mov9 Block Guard Tackle MB Human Blitzer?
Dodge
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Stand Firm
42%
 42%  [ 15 ]
Dauntless
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Frenzy
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Something Else (specify below please...)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... I usually only *answer* these thread, and I have my own standard skill choiches for every occasion... but this time I have great doubts.

My super-blitzer Alberto "Schumi" Girotti, the superstar of my human team, is truly blessed. No ageing at all, and good rolls all around.

Now he is fast (mov 9) and has all the skills a blitzer will ever need (I am one of those who don't think Strip Ball is THAT useful).

He also rolled a double at 126 spps. What will I give him now???

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm is the most annoying skill in the game to play against. If you get super lucky and get another double then you can give him dodge also. Some might consider Diving Tackle usefull for a blitzer also.

Last edited by Slick on %b %21, %2005 - %15:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Stand Firm because it lets you try to dodge without the fear of a turnover.
But since it is his 6th skill I would think of taking sure feet. He would be like mv11.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm, with a DE blitzer i'd go sidestep shadowing... but with a human blitzer... Stanf Firm always rocks... Frenzy as well... Sprint for a nearly one turner Wink

I think I'd go with SF

Side-step can be really frustrating as well. Dodge is another good choice for a blitzer. All depends on what you tend to use him for.
Rusk

Maybe Side step followed by Shadowing as the last skill?
thesquig

I'd take frenzy, but I'm going through a frenzy patch at the moment. I think its great.

My sensible answer however is standfirm, it would make him a truely awesome blitzer.

Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd get dodge to protect him against other teams bashers and allow you to truely hunt down enemy ballcarriers. Stand firm is also good if you want to use him as a ballcarrier alot since it helps you stop loosing the ball from those annoying failed dodges but having your player stay in a tackle zone is a problem in it'self so dodge feels like the way to go.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Redfish wrote:
All depends on what you tend to use him for.

Usually he blitzes each and every low-av, high-mov, blodge catcher he can see. Wink
He is no ballcarrier, I just use him to take out all enemy threats and to blitz a hole in the opposing midfield.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If he's a hole-opener, you might want to consider dauntless, then next normal skill take multiblock with your strength access. With the guards you're likely to have with the other blitzers, you could really open up a hole at the LoS with him then!

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I went Stand Firm.

After having considered all pro and cons I did stick to the good old Stand Firm double for blitzers. I thought a lot about dodge, but in the end I don't need him so much as a blodger. More than this, dodge with ag3 fails 1 out of 9 times, and I really DON'T need a turnover with humans, especially considering the fact that my blitz is usually one of the first actions in the turn, cause it frees some space for the others to move, or to start a chain of 2d blocks.

Dodge is very useful and it prolongs a lot the life of the player too, for it makes him less likely to be knocked over... but as a 126 spp player I don't want to plan about his long survival. I need him to perform at his best while he stays, and when he gets injured I'll take it as a chance to lower my TR. SF has a greatest effect on my plays:
1- It lets me try dodges if I really need to without any fear of causing an early turnover (usually resulting in a TD against and/or multiple blocks because of bad positioning)
2- It widens my field of action, allowing me to hunt for prey even near the sidelines without any fear of being crowdpushed.

Maybe I will regret this choice, but after all BB is all about regrets, righ? Very Happy

Thanks for your feedback guys!