63 coaches online • Server time: 20:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played mostly elves and skaven (and humans, but doesn't relate to this post) during my time, so I am quite proficient with how to handle high agility players. However, this is the first time I've had somebody with double +agi rolls, meaning he's very definitely out of his normal roll. In this case, a skaven storm vermin, he got +agi on both his first two rolls. So now he's 7358 Block.

Question is, where to go from here? Obviously passblock comes at some point, but otherwise what? Strip ball, which he then can dodge through tz's to pickup the ball? Catch, try to make him an interception machine? Or simply stick the tackle/mb route, make him a normal SV, albeit able to dodge away better?

Doubles lead to all sorts of additional headaches, though I could use more headaches of this sort, trying to figure out how best to use good luck for a change...

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

double will always lead to Claw or FA. (FA is better imho.... this AG5 guy deserves something to stay alive).

As fo regular skills... uhm... I'd go for the guard-tackle-MB route... AG 5 comes handy when you have to break cages or blitz&dodge to the well-covered-opponent with the ball. And you need tackle MB to be effective.

Just my 2p

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on what you wan´t to do wiyh him.

Very Long Legs, FA, Leap even.

A fun idea would actually be leap (or dodge for that matter), and make him a furry wardancer.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

SV are your primary blitzers, and should be developed as such with Tackle/MB/etc. Leap would be tempting on doubles, but you would still be better off with a mutation (probably claw).
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But VVL passblock is also a very tempting combo. Claw is effective...but a bit dull. You get more games without it Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap for me.
juck101

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle and stripball.
He makes a great mobile hitter and can follow in if you need. But i find that not a great idea as you have gutter runners to scoop up any loose balls. With ma7 you can also use him to run with on offense in a cage, and hand off when you feel like it. I would use him as a standard blitzer on defense like a wardancer but go mad. End of the day he is still a rare ST skill player in the squad dont neglect his duty in the team
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep him as a Blitzer, unless you have another player who can fulfill that role in his place (and I don't mean the other SV). Just make sure you utilise his AG5 to enhance his role. He can now Dodge into cages in a pinch, pick up balls that are to get etc.

I'd definitely grab Leap on a double. Go with Tackle, Strip Ball and make him your primary ball winner I say.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably take dodge on a double for increased doding ability/longevity. Stand firm makes it more fun to use his awesome AG though. Strip ball sounds like a good choice on a regular skill.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

a doubles should go to either leap or stand firm, i think.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, dodge/fa and on normal, passblock tackle
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i would go for passblock next and leap in case of a double
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

the leap/guard combo is a very nice one - if you manage to get a doubles on him, that might be the way to go.
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Treat him the same as you would a Dark elf blitzer that got +1 AG, personally i would go Tackle, Strip Ball, Leap with Claw on double.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

passblock & tackle on normal, FA and SF on doubles...
 Jump to: