44 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back the Nippon team!!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I also wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of rosters made to suit those really sweet icons on some french guys site. Don't have the link here at work, but an excuse to use some of those would be great.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2006 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I could think of one team i'd like to see, and that would be a Hobgoblin team. 0-16 Hobgoblins, a Troll and 0-2 Sneaky Gits (Daggers)

Brad
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring forth the experementing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Pardon my ignorance but doesn't vault mean Christer has to rewrite all the code or can it just be adapted. It sounds like a huge undertaking either way and perhaps he just wouldn't have the time.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

well after June there will likely be 3 experimental rosters... once LRB 5.0 is released, but I can see FUMBBL staying a LRB 4.0 site for a good while, it will take a loooong time for SkiJunkie to add in all the changes necessary, and as far as im aware, Galakstarscraper spent about 200 programming hours bringing the PBEM tool up to speed with the vault rules, now for SkiJunkie this may well be a lot more, as JavaBB is fully automated, and SkiJunkie doesnt have a lot of time, from what I remember!

I guess one thing that could be done is make it open source, but that means A) Ski might not want that, its his program, B) could result in what people are fearing in the other threads here, easy access to the code for other coaches skilled in Java, but not using their abilities to benefit FUMBBL, but alter the client so they can cheat Sad

There were some danish student who were thinkng of doing a Vault BB client as their assignment, but no word from them for a while!

Anyway, those rosters were:

Slann
Brettonian (least likely to be added)
Reworked Amazons
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Anyway, those rosters were:

Slann
Brettonian (least likely to be added)
Reworked Amazons
You forgot the Chaos All-Stars which JJ really wants to add as a new team more so than the other 3.

Galak
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather run my experimental teams. I don't have the lists here, but i can recreate them. The main advantage would be that team experimenting doesn't require coding on ski's part, just some work by fumbbl staff to define a few new teams.
I like my teams cuz the starting numbers were carefully chosen, and the teams are all designed to be distinct from the current teams, offering new variations on styles of play, but not affecting the game overall in terms of team average stats, or amount of teams that do passing and running.
Zlefin Smile
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Miyuso wrote:
I could think of one team i'd like to see, and that would be a Hobgoblin team. 0-16 Hobgoblins, a Troll and 0-2 Sneaky Gits (Daggers)

Brad

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=200011

No troll, but I hire Grashnak often! Gits would be nice though!!!
 Jump to: