24 coaches online • Server time: 02:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the idea?
Yes its great! past legends taking the field again
74%
 74%  [ 62 ]
No its a waste of time
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
im not bothered but i wanted to vote!
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 83

Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

After youve done this lot Brownrob do a good team and a evil team.
Just use as a template 2 throwers 4 blitzers 4 blockers ? Bunch of liners 4 catchers and build the good all star team and an evil all star team.
If i can find where i put the lists defining player positions ( as to what is what) i will pm them.( this is the format we used to use in my TT league for the end of season all star match)

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm... i find the idea of Wh'ine, BullDoza, and Htllsss the mega (dead) Skink...strangely alluring... yep...

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Its great, but do not take the dead ones in the teams, take the retired ones only, i think it would be som really good ones even if they are just retired, the dead is a little to much injurie to go for a comeback even for one game, they can play dead but then raised by a undead etc team. thats my thought of it....... I have an idead as well, we can get some one to draw the best players in fumbble one of each race and post them in a special side in the site with backgrounds, pics and there stats, how about that?
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Wh'ine isn't retired, he's still lurking about waiting for his fat omnipotent all knowing wise slann master (ME!) to re-enter the fields of glory, slaughter and losses to pointy eared gits....

In my all knowing..allknowingness i decided pointy ears beats pointy fistspikes... but what the hell am i mumbling about..ow, and if you could make a drawing of wh'ine.. please do, i'd LOVE it. The ref looks sweet =)

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it should be done in the simplest way possible. Take the nr1 player in each category (top SPPer, top passer, top blocker etc) and then fill out the team to 16 players by taking the most valuable players according to the strength formula (but within the positionals limit).

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody asked about TR variation: yes they do vary wildly.

I took 4 teams yesterday (based purely on highest SPPs in a given position), skaven, orc, dark elf and khemri.

Skaven was in the high 900's, orcs the low 900's, DEs high 800s, and Khemri barely scraped past 500 TR. (I used 8 RRs, 9 FF and an apoth)

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Being the fanatic I am I present to you the first version of the Halfling All-Star Team! There's only one reserve right now but I think that many more deserve to be there. Especially those halflings with ST4 and Block Very Happy

All the maths (TR for example) were done without any aids so they might not be accurate.

EDIT: Fixed the spring problem. Though I'm sure I copy-pasted the skills... ... Maybe I didn't 8^)

Last edited by Shinan on %b %11, %2005 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
Being the fanatic I am I present to you the first version of the Halfling All-Star Team! There's only one reserve right now but I think that many more deserve to be there. Especially those halflings with ST4 and Block Very Happy

All the maths (TR for example) were done without any aids so they might not be accurate.

#1 Gah should have Sprint, not Spring.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:

EDIT: Fixed the spring problem. Though I'm sure I copy-pasted the skills... ... Maybe I didn't 8^)

Great job there Shinan! gotta love good ol lightning roots!

ill try to get some done but i have more assignments due in on weds...

ah well!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a first run at a Wood Elf legends team .. there were too many to choose from Embarassed

I suspect that they could do with some tweaking .. as on one wants to play against that many 1-turners =P

Wood Elf Legends
The team has 14 players, 12 FF, 5 RRs, and comes in at 920 TR (if i did the calculations properly Wink )

I just realised the Lightning roots probably doesn't qualify for the team .. although he's a treeman, he played for halflings .. not wood elves. Might have to look for a replacement.

edit: mmm, i need to do a little bit of work on it -- the doubled skills are only shown once .. and I left out the injuries. The stats should be correct .. but i'll have to fix the other bits.
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea and I would love to see the teams, however I would suggest no rerolls at all for them to represent the fact they will not have practiced much together
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:

Possible reserves:
9 Ump Halfling 6 2 5 5 Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, +AG, +AG, Sure Feet, +MA, Catch -av, m 37 18 14 0 1 3 77 30k (0k) (Retire)
10 Pyb Halfling 5 2 4 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, +AG, Sure Feet, Sprint, Catch 35 16 10 1 2 4 72 30k (138k) (Retire)

Smile

Ogram has 253 spp and is a bit more mobile than a tree as well... Wink
Don't forget dunc n' funcson with his str 6 ag 3 block pro and pass, either.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I did a quick look and found a number of reserves. Some of them that really should be part of the real team. I probably won't throw in any Ogre reserves since Ogres aren't really playing for Halflings anymore... Unfortunately.
I might change my mind but not yet.

Charlie Maine, Under Lad and Petronius Took should probably go to reserves and be replaced by Red Mage, Pagan Leadpants and Gee Willickers.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No RR and no apoth for the all-star teams. Make it into a proper battle and bring out the Skaven all-star mutations! Smile

thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, they gotta have reroll IMO

Jump to: