65 coaches online • Server time: 16:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pro Bloodlustgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What improvement should Esralafar get:
+ MA
36%
 36%  [ 47 ]
Guard
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
JumpUp
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Mighty Blow
27%
 27%  [ 35 ]
Frenzy
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
Other (state below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 129

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,
I got quite a difficult choice to made soon. While rebuilding my favourite DE-team 'Midwinter', the emerging star of the team, Esralafar, hit the 16 SPP and gained a skill.

He is not a normal blitzer, he is a +ST blitzer, who was given 2 or the 3 pieces of magic gear, Midwinter recieved for winning the Ulthuan Invitational.

So he is now a DE-blitzer with 7449 block and leap, with the potential of another 6 skills. For the first skill I rolled double 5, which gives alot of options:

+MA: A very good option for DE-blitzers in general and in combination with leap and +ST even better. Lessens the opportunities to die on a failed GFI Wink

Guard: Really good for DE in general. You can´t never have too much - and guard gets better on ST4+ players who can´t get knocked down so easy themselves and really good on leaping guys, to place assists where you need them.

JumpUp: The higher the AV, the better JumpUp. Besides Varag Ghoulchewer he would be the only AV9-JumpUP guy around.

Mighty Blow: Badass blitzer with ST4 and leap would hit extra hard - quite imagination.

Frenzy: ST4-frenzy is evil - it´s even more evil with AG4 and leap.

Have I missed any sensible option? So what would you do? Tell me!
Nordmark

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow. Dark Elves need some hitting power and with Str4 Av9 It´s as good as it gets (not to mention the Leap to surprise a lot of people). Thats my suggestion.

Edit: Edited to strengthen my suggestion and since people started to show off. Trust me, Mighty Blow is an option you won´t regret. Sirinoch didn´t. He retires when he comes to Legend (if he does).

Last edited by Nordmark on %b %16, %2005 - %17:%May; edited 2 times in total
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take the MA because allthough guard is good, Id rather have a player such as yours used like a Wardancer. DEs with a wardancer would be a terrible thing to play.

Jeffro
Slick

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Given your type of team and my own experience it would be wise to give such a player jump up. On a str 4 leap guy you cant imagine the impact jump up will have. The other viable option is MB which will make him feared and avoided which will help you control opponent player positioning. Giving him jump up will result in him making more die rolls so keep that in mind. The +MA will be a waste since its only useful to take down GRs and WE catchers and you already have a blitzer for that name Tithrawiel.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MA eventhough it raises the teamstrength too much on an allready "fast" team. Just emagine to be the first in fumbbl to make a +ALL player!

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

that is how i went on my wardancer
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1764222&displaymessage=Bio%20Changed.
he was a great player who really was used to open holes on offence and was able to get to ball handlers no matter the situation. leap really helped with that. his skills had him doing alot of everything exect he never really had too much show up on the score sheet. having a player like that can cause headaches for the other team.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PjPants:
So you suggest Mighty Blow?
btw: fancy a recovery game against midwinter?? Very Happy I have lots of FF for cash Wink
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

i don´t think you would use jump up much. i voted for mb because with +st i guess he will be the player you use most times for your blitz and therefore mb will be the skill used most altough +ma would be nice too....
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If we are showing War Dancers then I feel I should show mine, and because I like to show him off as much as possible.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1485259

Jeffro
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted Mighty Blow. The reason for this is that I think every elf team needs a guy who can either blitz the holes in opponent lines or take care of those pesky St4 MB Witch elfs on the opposition.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggested mighty blow. more cas = more FF

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

1) +MA because it is as close as anyone will ever get to having an AV9 wardancer with ST4 Shocked
2) Guard since you can never ever have enough of these, especially in elf teams combined with side-step later on.
3) Mighty blow. Distant third though...

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to disagree with JD as I think this DE will be in the fray getting hit hard and often.
If he get's jump up and sidestep he will be horrible even when knocked down.

+MA is really good if you are planning to use him all over the field.
Why waist a double on mb with this guy? (unless you only play elves)
Get guard on normal players instead!

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely JU. It is the most forgotten-about-by-the-opponent skill around!