79 coaches online • Server time: 20:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What improvement should Esralafar get:
+ MA
36%
 36%  [ 47 ]
Guard
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
JumpUp
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Mighty Blow
27%
 27%  [ 35 ]
Frenzy
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
Other (state below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 129

caileanhawk

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think frenzy could be a nasty combination with Leap and the +str, just think how easy those Dwarf and Orc cages will be broken Smile

What about Claws, oh wait, Dark Elves don't worship Chaos Smile

I agree Jump Up is a nasty surprise for those coaches that only look at the +str. Mighty Blow is a nasty choice too.

I think any of those skills would fit great depending on which way you would like to use him.

I voted for Frenzy though Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
djbigjake

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA.

When combined with ST4 and leap, it makes him a terror anywhere on the field. Furthermore, it makes him a little bit better on the O side of the ball, which is always nice. The +MA adds to his versatility all-around. If he didn't have leap out of the box, I would recommend the MB, but with leap, I think the +MA is the way to go.

Either that or Pro, the leaper's best friend.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I went with +MA. I think it's safe to assume that he's pretty much the only 8449 player around, if he takes it (possibly an orc blitzer or two in there, I guess) and that's just kind of cool.

Also, I'm biased against Jump Up. I'm generally not too superstitious, but I am firmly convinced that the description of the Jump Up skill should be changed to say:
Quote:
Any time a Jump Up player is knocked down, the armor roll automatically succeeds and any stun results on the injury roll should be treated as KO.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if you play a lot of dps, if not then take jump up cause he is a player many will target and then it's nice to get right up again (especially with av9). MB would also be very nice, as someone said, it helps the ff.
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

hm that´s true slanter but most teams at that tr have a dp(at least mine have) and if i knock him down i will foul him especially if he has jump and than he will be most likely knocked out even with av9.
Funso

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's face it, if you play decent players, then this player is going to be dead from blocks/fouling in 3 or 4 games anyway.

Any AV 9 elf is just asking for an early death
Uber

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA, that guy actually needs normal skills more than doubles. Dodge, tackle, side step, pro come to mind. Jump Up is nice, but ST4 guys are less likely to go down and with MA 8 he cans still moves 7 squares upon getting up, on top of also being faster when he's standing. More MA also means that you don't have to go as deep when you're playing offense, allowing you to protect him more efficiently.

The second choice that I find the most tempting is Guard. With dodge and Side Step, that would make him incredibly hard to move. It's nice when you want to cage your opponent's offense so they can't go anywhere. I've done it a few times with my own dark elves before Malthor sent em on a highway to hell...

My third choice isn't on the list, but that's what I would definitely take on a second double roll after taking the +MA: Nerves of Steel. Leave him anywhere in the middle, pass to him and leap out to handoff to someone in scoring range.

Finally I like frenzy too, but on a DE team you get it for free on the witches so to me that's a bit counter productive. MB isn't bad, but that just makes him a bruiser, which isn't really that exceptionnal to me.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ya know Jump up is looking nice now that I think about it. JU with 4st and 9av is pretty sweet. Like having ghoulchewer on your elf team : ) In fact, is there anyone else out there with a 9av jump up player??

I doubt having jump up would get him anymore fouled than simply being a 4st blitzer.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is that this guy will advantageously be used as a "Long Range Interceptor", so I voted for +1 MA. Many argue that more SPPs will be earned with MB, but that precisely might not be to your liking as bad ageing results could ruin his potential. So you could consider this player as a surgery tool that may not be the one who'll score or cas very often, but will aim at giving your team the ball back.

I do just that with my HE blitzer Black High and I deliberately try to postpone him reaching 76 SPPs:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=891015

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Umpf... you guys aren´t making my choice much easier... most of your arguments are valid and true..
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? I thought a lot of Circular Logic was being used! Get it?!?!?!? I crack me up!

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity,

everytime you post, I get hungry. That avatar reminds me of my favorite (and very addictive) cheese snack....goldfish crackers : )

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm....goldfish..... Have you ever had the jumbo size ones?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

probably...they sell em in many flavors now and I've probably had them all. but classic cheddar is the one I'm a slave to.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are planning on using him to knock people out of the way and take down ballcarriers then I would go Frenzy. You are an experienced coach and should be able to handle knowing when to use him and therefore won't put yourself in some situations that some noobs do with the frenzy skill. I like Uber's point that you can already have Frenzy on Witch Elves, but with AV 7 I do not see them as very reliable if you play against a range of races.