95 coaches online • Server time: 22:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What improvement should Esralafar get:
+ MA
36%
 36%  [ 47 ]
Guard
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
JumpUp
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Mighty Blow
27%
 27%  [ 35 ]
Frenzy
11%
 11%  [ 15 ]
Other (state below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 129

RandomOracle

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'll add my two cents as well. I'd very rarely choose a +MA over a double, but that is what I would do in this case. The +MA will always be helpful and will make it easier for Elvuthiel to cover the field and reach the ball carrier. This will also make it easier to leap into those cages that are far away, as due to a client bug you can't use GFI's while leaping.

MB would be pretty good, but it doesn't help in bringing the opponent down, which is my primary goal.

Frenzy would probably be my choice if this was a dragon warrior, but I think you have enough frenzy with the witches already.

I've never taken jump up myself, but I can see it being useful on an AV 9 player. Then again, it would put an even larger 'foul me' sign on him and the witches do come with this skill as well.

Guard, while a great skill, would be a bit of a waste here. Take it on the linemen and other blitzers.
Azurus

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take the +MA. My own aging DE squad has three MA 8 blitzers, and it's made a massive difference. I'd agree with RandomOracle that it's particularly good on a +ST leap player.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Can DE blitzers take side-step? I can't remember.

I can imagine sidestep would be great with this guy.

Also, this guy needs dodge. I know it is kind of a waste of a double, but we all know this guy is going to be dead before he gets to 50spp, so I would consider losing the double, and going with dodge.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:
I'd take the +MA. My own aging DE squad has three MA 8 blitzers, and it's made a massive difference. I'd agree with RandomOracle that it's particularly good on a +ST leap player.

Interesting. MA+1 is certainly better than Jump Up (you rather want an extended range of +1 all the time than having +3 and the ability to block prone occasionally, and compared to MA+1 Jump Up only gives you that odd +2 range occasionally anyhow).

Apart from that, Frenzy would have been my first pick here, but as others have mentioned before, darkies start with 2 Jump Up / Frenzy players already, thus I can't really say how good a 3rd Frenzy player would be here.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
Can DE blitzers take side-step? I can't remember.

I can imagine sidestep would be great with this guy.

Also, this guy needs dodge. I know it is kind of a waste of a double, but we all know this guy is going to be dead before he gets to 50spp, so I would consider losing the double, and going with dodge.

I would assume that he gets dodge at 31 spps, which is his next level. In fact, short of another +ST I can't think of anything I'd take over dodge for this guy's next skill.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty blow ----> tackle.

+MA ------> strip ball.

Jump up -------> sidestep.

Guard ------> dodge.

Frenzy ------> pro.

Some of us can. Wink
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So guys... thanks for your input. After my fumbbl-issue with aging is done and I can choose the skill now, I take the +MA.

Thank you very much for all arguments. The reasons I take +MA over JumpUp and MightyBlow:
- JumpUp is only useful when knocked down, which I try to avoid.
- JumpUp WILL encourage fouling with only a few assists (to gain a stun) which can be dangerous, too.
- MB will make him even more of a target, as he is the only one really hurting.
- MB will gain him "uncontrollable" SPP - this will cause him to age earlier.
- +MA gives him more range, so he is on par with my other fast blitzers
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Next doubles, you´d like to develop some Guard Sidesteppers for occasional protection of your key players. Wink

Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted for +ma, lets him become a wardancer with av 9 which should be forbidden;))
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

with AV9 and ST4 Wink
 Jump to: