30 coaches online • Server time: 08:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT?
Who Cares?
60%
 60%  [ 51 ]
I am a BBowl Guru. My (correct) prediction is in my reply
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 84

JackDaniels

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

i guess Karak Ungor Ironbreakers have really good chances with all thos guard,mb and tackle. if drunken master stalls good he should be able to win against an elf team 2-1 easily and i think he won´t have any problems vs bashy teams at all. his tr isn´t that high too so he will get some handicaps against some of the other top teams. only thing that could stop him is a nasty blitz or a failed pickup.
i really would like to see him winning to show all those elfbowlers how mighty dwarves are and that bashing is a great way to win games.
KFoged

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats right Mezir :O)

So i must go with the Raaaatmobil...

KFoged..
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Im thinking "the Skarr boys" and i wonder why i seem to be the only one these ors rocks and they have a top coach imo who is not a cheery boy so hes used to tough matches.
ofcourse having my own Chaos team in all this i gotta give me self atleast a chance though im only aiming after top 5 atm.
Smess

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just based on the teams I'd say it's the Karak Ungor Ironbreakers or the Nandorins.
Chickenistan is my outsider, nice balanced team that can take on any race, and money enough money for Morg 2 games in a row.

But a lot will depend of who will play who in the first rounds. Not sure if Nandorins would still look good if they played them khemri in the first round for example.

And of course...

The dice rule all
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My vote for the Underrats. To The Ratmobile!

Go Mez!

Z
JackDaniels

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
Im thinking "the Skarr boys" and i wonder why i seem to be the only one these ors rocks and they have a top coach imo who is not a cheery boy so hes used to tough matches.

ofcourse the skarr boys are a great team but the other teams are good too and will get many handicaps against them what can really be a problem for malthor although he is used to it. second problem i see for them is that they ain´t that bashy with only 2 mb´s and 1 dp. so if they have to play against other bashers they might get some serious injuries
albator2001

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for my team Chickenistan !
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You have until Monday to place your bets (or boasts^). The main tournament will begin then.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
If you didn't find the above funny, this will make you laugh

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Nadorins the high elf team.

They could get lucky with a few easy teams in the 1st two rounds, and in a 1 off game I think they can handle any bashy team around.

And the coach is probably one of the least known tough coaches in the GLT.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice write up Cloggy. And a big thank you for the vote of confidence.
I fear those Nandorin as well, having played them once or twice now.
With any luck someone else will bash them up good before I can get my hands or boots on them.
As to my own chances in this glorious event, I honestly think that depends on which team I meet in the first round.
With some luck with the dice, who knows, I may come out on top. Smile

McCloud
"Through me, Dreadclaw shall have his revenge on you all!"
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i have allso played the Nandorins 2 times with my chaos and lost both Razz not a good sign
JB

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

that JackDaniels the current number one coach of fumbbl concerning CR mentions my team is kind of an honor, but i doubt that i deserve it. i am not the best coach, not the worst either but definitley unexperienced with bashy teams and competitive tournament games. just entered the GLT because its the easiest way to get games for a dwarf team with 8 MB and a DP Wink

kfoged is definitley a great coach and his nandorins is one of the best elven teams at the moment, but from my point of view, games between bashers and elves will highly depend on kick of results and pick ups by the bashy teams. and of course the wizard that is most likely hired by any elven team in the GLT that has to play one of the caging teams

very nice write up Cloggy, thank you

wish you all good luck in the tournament
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Judging from what I read in the other threads in the forums there must be a lot more opinionated selfimportant people who think they know it all Smile

Vote people!

You get to be called a wise and great Bbowl guru if you get the right answer, and there are still some dark-horse teams out there who haven't recieved any votes!

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The fouling Khemris all the way! A khemri team intent on fouling every turn is terrible to play, even if you are super elfs. I think they will take it. Sad but they are so overpowered in compairison with other teams. To bad that there was no 16 player Ogre team in the tourney becuase then it would also show that they are broken as well.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Im gonna go with the Nandorians on this one.

Although it would be nice if catenaccio could take it. Good team, good coach, fun starplayers and no dirty player.