34 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT?
Who Cares?
60%
 60%  [ 51 ]
I am a BBowl Guru. My (correct) prediction is in my reply
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 84

Gatts

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really liek to vote for myself, but a quick look at the opposition tells me that Mukhael have to perform at least as well as he did in the qualifiers if The Grace is to claim the trophy, and that just is not very likely.

The Nandorins will give up too many handicaps and sooner or later some really bad ones will cripple them. My vote instead goes to one of the other elf teams, and among them I'll go with Flix's Tholgrond Swordspiders. Low TR, solid team and very skilled coach.

In the end it's all up to not being paired against Save your Souls Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Im guessing Da Skarr Boyz will win this. I would like to see the Nandorins pull it off though but i honestly think that the low av teams will suffer to much before reaching the finals to be able to pull it off. But we shall see...
trouble

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Dwarfian Catenaccio's are the best here, they are going to roll with the punches and win it all.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed the dwarfs are looking nasty we will see soon Smile
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the draw is on the GLT group page

Any thoughts about how the draw affects the winning chances of the teams?

Smack talk from the participating coaches is off course welcomed Exclamation

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one thing to say, from me.

My team might just not die a horrible, gruesome death!

My semi-final prediction is this:

Tholgorond Swordspiders vs Nandorins

To The Ratmobile! vs Dangerous Dancers

I think the bashers will end up destroying each other letting the AG teams move through.

The only "bash" team I give a very high chance of making the semis is Da Skarr Boyz (my first opponent... going to do everything I can to take 'em out - also I can't endorse a prediction that sees me losing in the first round :p). Dark Solution is second in line but I think they'll be out against the wood elfs. They should inflict enough damage to let the (also very damaged) Tholgorond Swordspiders take the woodies out in the quarters, though.

The Nandorins should have plain sailing to the Semis, provided they go for every ball - however they may come into that one carrying a few MNGs while the Swordspiders will have just played a "recovery match".

I'm therefore going to vote for a Final of Tholgorond Swordspiders vs Dangerous Dancers.

If I'm going to be really, really full of hot air about this... I actually give To The Ratmobile! a remote chance of going home with the trophy. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

very nice tread

Tholgorond Swordspiders vs Jemaline Alliance
- For sure i hope to win

For the Grace of Wood D.M.U vs Dark Solution
- very intersting match up much is posible
- i hope the Wood ELfs will win but Nuffle will speak a big work in that match
- but i think 2-3 Overtime

Nandorins vs Lost in the wood
- i think kfoged will win that game with his Nandorins 4-2

Karak Ungor Ironbreakers vs Chickenistan
- another very intersting matchup
- i think albator2001 got a big chance to win that game 0-1

To The Ratmobile! vs Da Skarr Boyz
- Malthor vs Mezir nice matchup
- Mezir Skaven will win that game 3-2

Broken Face vs Helena High
- Undeath vs Skaven
- Te Undeath will win 2-1

catenaccio vs Save Your Souls
- tomma will win that game 2-0

Dangerous Dancers vs Fun with Goats
- very nice Mutations at the choas team
- but slanter will win the Game 3-1

I wish all Coaches good luck an exiting games
perhaps would be nice to get the matchreports in here
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going out on a limb and picking the skaven team -- To The Ratmobile! I'm definitely a fan of skaven, even though I play them horribly. I fully expect Mezir to chea... erm... coach his team extremely well.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Solution it is.. will cross my fingers for good handicaps. Will need it since i doubt my players are very thrilled about going up against all that claw.
..Oh well this team was always meant to go out in a blaze of glory.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Solution is highly likely to destroy other teams as they have obviously been doing, and with the few plus AG they will be very hard to stop. Even if a team beats them it's unlikely that team will be able to survive it's next match. Otherwise it's almost impossible to beat skaven if you dont kill the whole team so good luck to any skaven opponents, but I'm gonna say Dark Solution.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, This is what I think...

Tholgorond Swordspiders vs Jemaline Alliance
- Tholgorond already won, so moot point

For the Grace of Wood D.M.U vs Dark Solution
- I think that Dark Solution should win this one 2-1 if he doesn't get blitzed, - if he gets blitzed, then I think dark Solution will win 3-2 in overtime. Has a good mix of agility and rsc/claw so it'll wear down the woodies easily. That and that fact that the woodies have very few blodgers makes me think Dark Solution should win in the end.

Nandorins vs Lost in the wood
- I don't see how Nandorins could lose this one, - they simply have too much str for lost in the wood to overcome.

Karak Ungor Ironbreakers vs Chickenistan
- I think it will be a nice match, but I think Chickenstan has the advantage here simply because Albator has so much cash to spend that the dwarves might struggle a little. 2-1 Chickenstan

To The Ratmobile! vs Da Skarr Boyz
- Mezir's a great coach, but I have no idea how he'll manage to overcome the massive str/tr diff. Malthor's not one to make many mistakes, so I think i'd have to go with the Skarr Boyz here.

Broken Face vs Helena High
- Since hte Undead lost their mummies and are replaced by new ones, I think that the undead will struggle a lot, especially because they lack tacklers to stop the gutter runner offence. On defence, I don't think they can out-pound the skaven easily, especially if Helena High uses some of their cash reserves. But This match hinges on the handicaps/niggle rolls of the skaven, - but I think the skaven will have an advantage here.

catenaccio vs Save Your Souls
- Tomma hired zara, but I don't think zara will be enough to stop 4 dps/5 mummies, especially with no dps. Be a slow game, but I think the Khemri will win in overtime.

Dangerous Dancers vs Fun with Goats
- Dark elves have too much blodge while chaos doesn't have much in removing player power, no guards, and few tacklers. Should be dark elves winning this match.
falconeyed

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the draw, I say either Karak or Chicken win it ... depending on who wins their matchup. They're two bashers in a finesse part of the bracket. Who ever wins the Nandorin / Wood first round match up is going to take the beating of a lifetime, particularly if Karak beats Chicken. Although, Chicken has enough tacklers to negate the finesse, not to mention that Chicken's 2nd round opponent would definately get Morg and/or Varag.

Nandorin's whole MO seems to be avoiding bash teams, which unfortunately he will not be able to do now.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Grace beats the odds and defeats dark solution 3-1
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=799978

I messed up my first turns quite badly and was pretty sure it was gameover. But stacking illegal drugs, knuckledusters and iron man on Mukhael ag5 wardancer of goodness turned him into quite a gamebreaker. He managed to reclaim the ball and scored the first touchdown roughly halfway through the first half. By then i'd spent all my rerolls so I didn't have high hopes for my defense.
Chaos scored the eqaliser iin the 7th turn but so far no serious damage had been done to my precious elfs.
The chaos drive in the second half was quite easily disrupted by my wardancer monster. After some turns of quarreling about the ball deep on the chaos side Wardancer no: 2 could finally pick it up and he proceeded to score.On the next chaos drive a well placed fireball downed most of the chaos cage allowing a lucky 1d block on the remaining ballcarrier to get the ball free. And with most of the chaos team stuck, either on their backs or deep down on one side it seemed as if not even the wizard would be able to prevent another woodelf TD. Having my opponent forgetting to even use the wizard sealed the deal though.

Next game is our first try at elfball for quite some time.. don't know if i remember how it's done.
One niggle from a thrown rock and another from aging makes for a slightly weakened team int he next game, but all things considered we got away from the dark solutions game in better shape than i'd imagined beforehand.
Flix

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Tholgorond Swordspiders 2 - 0 Jemaline Alliance
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=799666

I find it always hard to write about its own matches
in short:
Half 1: 1-0
The Tholgorond Swordspiders got offence
And the Dark Elfs scored a bit lucky after a bad offence with lots of luck and bad luck
Half 2: 1-0
The Swordspiders stoped the Alliance get the ball and let the ballcarrier out of the range of the lighting bolt and the fireball cant get the DarkElf Lineman down
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Four prediction....

Swordspiders cruise on.......

Nandorins advance bloodied.......

Ratmobile skamper through maimed.........

Goats advance (I got to root for myself eh?).

Upset special: Watch for Broken Face to win in the first round!

Peace,
__Synn
 Jump to: