22 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

No I think I'll just let people laugh at you. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir... always there when I need you... You know, when I was was young, there was no such thing as a trait, or lizardmen, or amazons, the closest thing to the Norse was the armies of Kizlev, and they stayed off the Bloodbowl pitch. Stars actually joined your team for the long haul. and we didn't use these pansy pig skin balls, we used Porcupine hide!!! And we had to walk... uphi... nevermind (damn kids).

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Double for dodge and then breack takle, where goes this flesh golem? They allready have stand firm.
Blodge golems...
With guard...

I wonder why people like them.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I AM a Flesh Golem! http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1948804

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Another reason SF is great for bashy types is that you can hit them right back next turn (can't be pushed away). Thus SF increases your blocking frequency, which increases the chances of making a casualty, which increases the spp you're getting. Blodging SF types are great for the reason that you're hard to knock down, so you can probably counterblock next turn.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
Another reason SF is great for bashy types is that you can hit them right back next turn (can't be pushed away). Thus SF increases your blocking frequency, which increases the chances of making a casualty, which increases the spp you're getting. Blodging SF types are great for the reason that you're hard to knock down, so you can probably counterblock next turn.
Exactly. Once again torso knows what he's talking about. Its not only great for dodging, its great for blocking. Damn, its even great for scoring!, you can put him on the sidelines forcing other players to move one extra square to blitz him! SF is an awesome trait.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess maybe the real question for me is... If you need doubles for Dodge and Doubles for Stand Firm... Is the combination of both really the best? SF and Frenzy would seem like a better option, given Torso-boy's comments.

Edit:: and I KNOW that all three would be even better, this is about the choice

P.S. I've only gotten doubles on my human blitzers twice and took dodge (he then got +AG so that worked out) and +MA. On the other hand, you've convinced me that my BOB should have gotten SF on his doubles.... oh well, live and learn.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

how does side step and stand firm work :S
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity, the way I see it Dodge is a safe skill, SF is a safe skill also. But frenzy is a risky one, so with my orcs I get SF on doubles, then dodge, then frenzy scept if they are bobs, then its SF, frenzy, dodge. But ofcourse noone lives that long to get all 3.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
Macavity, the way I see it Dodge is a safe skill, SF is a safe skill also. But frenzy is a risky one, so with my orcs I get SF on doubles, then dodge, then frenzy scept if they are bobs, then its SF, frenzy, dodge. But ofcourse noone lives that long to get all 3.

Orcs do.
Orcs survive a lot.
Of course, they don't roll 3 doubles often... but they sure survive enought to try...

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so... New question. Do you guys consider it (SF) to be a "Good for Everyone" skill, or a "Good to have a few on the team" skill?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Pau wrote:

Orcs do.
Orcs survive a lot.
Of course, they don't roll 3 doubles often... but they sure survive enought to try...

Mine don't. Age takes them away. or crowdpushes before getting SF Sad
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Ok, so... New question. Do you guys consider it (SF) to be a "Good for Everyone" skill, or a "Good to have a few on the team" skill?

Good for everyone. but for runners and for dudes you want to tie with other players. I for exemple think having 2 SF bobs help a lot forcing the other team to not go for either of the sides.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a good for everyone choice.
At least for humans and Orcs. I had an Orc team, and BoBs and Blitzers first choice on doubles was always SF.
It's also good for fluff, with Orcs Smile