22 coaches online • Server time: 04:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

nesta wrote:
all I need to do is show up in the channel at one of the times listed to play?

Yes, at which point you get in if you're on of the first 8 people on the list of applicants (which should be no problem if it's not the very first QSQ).

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the group for the swiftest applicants has more than 32 applicants, this means that everyone who will get a spot has already applied. As such, this group will be kicking off the tournament.

The qualifiers will be set up on midnight BB time this Sunday. Be aware that if you are playing a game that finishes after this time, it will not register. You have until then to get your team prepared.

All other qualifiers are still open for applications - you have until October 3rd for the Bi-weeklies. Since none of these aplpications are time-based, they will not be starting any sooner than that. Plenty of slots still available, so go for it!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to join. What do I do?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I want in. What do I do? I thought I applied already

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You wait and you see if you got in on the date the tourney starts. Apply to the group you think you stand the greatest chance of making the prerequisites for.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry have dub applied I dont want to apply for the QS only the SA
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I can reveal that everyone who did not apply to the SA group on the 21st of September did not make the cut, so you'll want to aplpy elsewhere I'm afraid.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

All people who made it into the Swift Applicants group have been accepted. If you are in and you do not wish to be, PM me NOW so I can remove you and add the next person on the list.

All people who applied to SA and did not make it are on the "waiting list" in case someone does not feel their team is ready, suddenly realises they have other commitments, etc.

If you wish your application removed, so you can aplpy somewhere else, a PM will do fine there too.

All other groups are not based on application time and therefore applications will only be accepted after the application deadline has expired (October 2nd).

Thanks.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I applied to the SA group.
Since i didnĀ“t made it to top 32, can i apply to another group (BW or QS) ?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
If you wish your application removed, so you can aplpy somewhere else, a PM will do fine there too.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll play with my darkies, in the high CR category probably

hmm I would love to kill that Meuh
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

How is it decided, who plays against who? And is it 00:00 on sunday or 24:00 on sunday?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

2400 on Sunday, so 0000 on Monday. All times are BB time.

I'll divide the 32 coaches into 4 random groups and then seed each KO tournament by CR.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Pardon my incredible lack of understanding, but just to verify for absolute certain: If I want to be in a quick start tourney, do I need to apply? Further, do I need to apply for a specifc time?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to apply, no not to a scheduled time, just show up in :"FumbblCup (the irc channel) at the time you want to play at. Applications will then be accepted from the coaches currently on-line, in order of application date.

With the GLT qualifiers as precedent, you should have no problem getting into the qualifier of your choice if you show up to the channel.