25 coaches online • Server time: 02:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hank wrote:
The semi in the Fumbbl Cup IV TR Qualifier II between Altdorf Juvenile Delinquents vs SOT Phoenix is planned for tomorrow at 3 pm GMT. Cheer for Sigmar!

Go Humans!
Cool

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats 3pm GMT in bb time?
Hank

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Jan!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sunday Afternoon, time for great Bloodbowl!

The scheduled game between Cloggy's Doomy Diggers and AFK_Eagle's Weapon Masters lasted only three turns. Doomy Diggers' world famous Star Meuh diserted the game (along with the team's Troll and an hobgoblin) due to a Virus, so the chances for the Diggers to humiliate the rats were thin. As soon as a nasty foul injured another hobgoblin and the apo couldn't save him, coach Cloggy decided to concede. Good cash for the rats!

The Lavino Fighting Hellfishes were spectating the game, and so was their coach JanMattys. As soon as the referee called the game over, coach Jan marched to the skaven dugout and asked AFK_Eagle if he wanted to play the semifinal. The rats didn't seem tired, the Hellfishes were ready, and the audience was going wild: they wanted a damn game!

AFK_Eagle promptly agreed, and in a few minutes the semifinal was set up. The humans hired Mighty Zug (who was there to comment the game for cabalvision), while Headsplitter (already on the pitch) agreed to extend his contract with the Masters for another hour or two.

The first half saw the human thrower failing the very first pick up, and the rats tried their best to take advantage of this. They almost succeded, but the human defence proved stronger (thank God I have a diving tackler) and could score in turn 8. Luckily, the rats failed the OneTurnTD due to a missed throw, so the humans could end the first half leading 1-0 !!!

In the second half the Weapon Masters scored easily with a gutter runner, who had his path to TD cleared by the powerful action of both the team's RatOgre and Mr.Headsplitter.
After that the game was decided: the Hellfishes took all the remaining five turns to score, and quickly KOed half the skaven team. The Masters had one last chance to grab the ball and score, but it ended when AFK_Eagle rolled snake eyes on the last dodge.

Lavino Fighting Hellfishes 2
Weapon Masters 1

And to the qualifier final we go!
GO HELLFISHES!

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Game starts, have 16 rats (counting the str 6 skaven RO star), and his dp niggles out. He receives, but fails to pick up the ball, easily in reach of my rats. Sounds like a good start, right?

Never underestimate my ability to screw things up...

Without tackle, he manages to ko my gutter, who remains ko rest of game. I get three rats ejected in consecutive turns trying to foul his str6 ogre, only to get three stuns. His diving tackle catcher prevents my gutter from scoring, ko'ing him in the process. Eight turns later, the humans score, while the rats are still wondering what the heck just happened...

Ok, fine, set up for a OTS chainpush, have a VLL gutter who needs only a smidgeon of help to score. He gets that and then some, won't even need to gfi! All he needs is the ball...which of course my agi5 gutter first can't pickup, then can't throw...

*sigh* Ok, fine, we'll do this the hard way. Set up on the right side of the pitch, he overcommits, and I'm able to streak around the left side instead for the tying score. Ensuing kickoff, blitz! Pity my kick rat is one of those ejected, causing the ball to be kicked deep instead of nice and recoverably shallow...no matter, we'll advance anyway...except the RO decides to fail his gfi, leaving me a smidgeon out of position to stop his recovery. But what's this? His str6 ogre rolls double skulls? And I have a gutter in range of the ball which has yet to be picked up?? Oh, happy day!!!

That is, until I first have to use a rr on the pickup in a tz, then fail the dodge w/dodge rr to score, MNG'ing myself in the process. Humans reset their formations, and my str6 drugged up RO w/break tackle is trying to make his presence felt in the middle of the field...until he again fails a gfi. By this point nearly my entire roster is either hurt or ko (most of the hurts being self-inflicted), and he's caging down the pitch, one last chance to stop him, using my agi3 RO...who gets stopped cold by that blasted diving tackle catcher. (Out of 5 dodge attempts away from him, not one was able to...) Advancing and stalling, zero chance to stop him. Fine, one last hurrah blitz on his catcher with my RO...triple POW!!! Rrroooaaarrr!!! Just a knockdown, though, and upon moving back out of Mighty Zug's grasp, he breaks the tackle...and promptly fails his gfi again. Combined with twin WA blitz fails first half, he's just had an awesome day...

Pathetic income despite good crowd; loss of FF; loss of only hope to get into the FC (timing just doesn't work to try for a QS); complete loss of face due to piss-poor play on my part...Guess we really didn't deserve to win this one. GL, Jan. If I'm going to lose, I hope I lose to the eventual winner of it all. At least then I can rephrase my performance to "the only one who could stop me was the FC champion himself..."

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

After walking all over their first two opponents, Beer In The Beard is facing a truly dangerous team in Sandunes Greenskin Horde.

The match will take place Wednesday 10:00 BB-time. Come one, come all!

Grim will probably make his third apperance, and the odds are Morg will show up for the orcs.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Da 'Ard Boyz Will face off against the Lords of Hoeth.

Will Brute force beat the grace of the noble High elves, or will the gracious nobles grab the victory out of the jaws of the Orc warmachine?

Both sides hired a Wizard, Scrappa Agreed to play for Da 'Ard boyz... Excitement will surely follow this exciting match against 2 quite powerfull teams...

Alanir got to the finals by beating a Wood elf and an Orc team, While Da 'Ard boyz plowed through a wood elf and chaos team.

The High elves enter the game without missing next gamers while the Orcs will have to play without their strength 4 dirty player....

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nandorins are in the cup after a close 3-2 final over Noble Gankers. Grats Kfoged. Watch the replay for a nice turn 15 one turn.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=923256

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh yeah baby... FC say welcome toooooooooooooo theeeeeeeeeeee NAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRIIIIIIIINSSS Very Happy

KFoged - striks again!
Trif

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

heh. i like the qs tourneys - they give failed teams like the nandorins a second attempt =)

"Now that's an esophagous!"
dadoz

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Meuh is no more?

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Meuh left after the concession.
He'll spend all of his lifetime from now on mating cows in a peaceful ranch.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ye that it quite harsh, IMO i wouldnt of conceded and taken the risk of losin him, evn if the team got demolished it should of been kept on for Meuh

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Meuh is gone! Hooray! Let all the world hooray for Meuh leaving!

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

seandon12 wrote:
ye that it quite harsh, IMO i wouldnt of conceded and taken the risk of losin him, evn if the team got demolished it should of been kept on for Meuh

Cloggy was just tired of giving handicaps away with no real chance of a fair game. Meuh was Virused, (along with a Troll and a Blocker) so he wasn't in danger.
Cloggy just conceded due to bad handicaps+apo fail on the first injury. And probably he just got pissed off of all that.

For everyone of you just read this. I particularly like AFK_Eagle's comment. No harsh words and an understanding behaviour.