37 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post 20 Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I want to get mine recorded somewhere so I can say, "I told you so" when I'm proven right.

Redskins vs. Seahawks: An embarrassing joke. 'hawks all the way.

Bears vs. Panthers: Low scoring, but relative ability of the defense vs offense on each side give the advantage to the Panthers.

Patriots vs. Broncos: Yikes.... should be an amazing game. I know it's been said 8 billion times, but it's Plummer's game to lose. The New England secondary is still not as good as it should be, and I think that, if Denver establishes their running game, they will march on to vicotry. That's IF..... I really don't feel comfortable makingthis call, but I'll say Denver.

Steelers vs. Colts: I'm sorry, but when your quarterback publically says that you will lose unless the opponent screws up, you are not bringin in a mind-set that will let you win. Colts.

So, then we end up with....

Seahawks vs Panthers: Hawks again, go Shawn!

Colts Vs ....... : Well, I said Denver in which case they are dead. Their wonderful defense has depended on a high level of rotation of the linemen. Peyton's ability to no-huddle well trash them. Should the Patriots make it through (since I was doubtful), it will be a better game, but I think the Colts need to succeed will carry them through. Colts.

Superbowl: Colts Vs. Seahawks

Sit back and enjoy! What a game! I expect the lead to switch 3 or 4 times. Money on the Colts, if you make me choose.

Disagree? Agree? European? Let me know!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your picks all the way. Me being 60 miles from Indianapolis, I have been a Colts fan since they moved here. Needless to say then, that I am a big New England Hater. GO BRONCOS. I'm rather hoping Chicago can pull out a game or two though, being they are my second team, first before Colts came to town. Also, I played for the Bears when in 56ers, a local league of 5th and 6th graders playing tackle football for the first time.
Meech

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm

Pats vs. Broncos: I will make the homer call and say NE. That and NE has Seymour, Dillon and Bruschi healthy. Winner:Pats
Seahawks vs. Redskins: Redskins are playing on fumes. Good first half, Alexander runs over them in the second half. Winner:Seahawks
Colts vs. Steelers: Colts win unless Manning goes nuclear Winner:Colts
Bears vs. Panthers: Bears win, because it us at home and because the defense is that good. Winner:Bears

Bears vs. Seahawks: Bears Defense is better than Seattle offense Winner:Bears
Pats vs Colts: I was at the Monday night game when NE lost. This is a different NE (and Colts) team. Winner:NE

Bears vs. NE: I am picking NE to 3 peat. I can't wait for the games!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech, I can see the argument for NE, but not for the Bears. Carolina's defence has stepped up a lot lately. unless Chicago manages points on defence (and a decent number) Carolina will win. The power of Carolina's D over Chicagos O is bigger than the opposite. Bears will not make it to the 'bowl. No way, no how.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Denver always chokes in the playoffs. Plummer will struggle against New England's well coached defense. Next week we will have New Enlgand at Indy for the AFC final and that might as well be the Super Bowl, because whoever the NFC sends to the final... will not be any match for the Patriots or Colts.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

alright...i'm a crappy analyst....so i'll throw my picks up here so i can laugh at how much i suck Smile

Redskins vs. Seahawks: Seahawks all the way...I'm sick of all this BS over the Redskins...they're a crap team, and the sooner the lose, and prove they're crap, the sooner everyone in the DC area will shut the hell up about their crap team.

Bears vs. Panthers: Bears....IMO, they're just a superior team over the Panthers...don't ask me why I couldn't tell ya.

Patriots vs. Broncos: Broncos....In a league where every "leader"(read: quarterback) is some clean cut, military-esque yawner jock...it's nice to see Jake Plummer looking like a hillbilly redneck, sporting the throwback 70's mustache, and the soon-to-be-mullet Smile

Steelers vs. Colts: Colts...do you even need to ask?

----

Seahawks vs Bears: As much as I like the Bears....Seahawks are gonna pull it out..

Broncos vs Colts: I want to pull for the Broncos in this one, but it ain't happening....Colts take it..

----

Seahawks vs Colts: I'm sick of hearing about the Colts also.....Once everyone start screaming "oh they're gonna go undefeated!!!" I was the only voice that spoke out saying it wasn't going to happen....the Dolphins will retain that legacy, undefeated, and some pissant little team like the Colts aren't going to match it....That being said.....Hawks over the Colts.....even though, common sense probably says differently :-p

--j

ImageImage
Ithilkir

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Being a seahawks fan since early 80's I'd love to see the Hawks win the Superbowl (eventually) but doubt it.. the secondary is still very weak even with the starters back and they'll get destroyed by Manning or Brady Sad

Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, what is the date for Super Bowl?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty.... I know Bellichick is awesome, but Shanahan isn't exactly a Noob. I still think New England - Denver will be the closest game this weekend.

As long as we're talking coaching in the Play-offs, though.... Lovie Smith Vs John Fox? C'mon people, don't embarrass yourselves.

P.S. The best part of this is the trash-talking that means half of us will have to eat our words on Monday!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Enkeli wrote:
BTW, what is the date for Super Bowl?
Same Sunday as the Dutch Open i think

Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

WEST HAM UNITED!
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This week (1/14-1/15) is the divisional round; next week (1/21-1/22) is the conference championship; two weeks after that (2/5) is the Super Bowl.

Picks:
Seattle over Washington in a blowout
Indy over Pitt in a blowout
Carolina over Chicago in a (relative) blowout (relative as in Carolina doubles Chicago's score, but doesn't mean much when it's 6-3)
Denver over NE in a squeeker, with Plummer leading a final drive for an Elam kick to win (rather than a Brady drive/Vinatieri kick)

Carolina over Seattle--Seattle is very similar in structure to NYG, and Carolina man-handled them
Denver vs Indy--rooting for Denver as home-town, but either way, winner of this game wins the SB

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Screw Denver. Go Pats!!!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Eagle is with me for this weekend at least. So (for now), Listen to Eagle! Eagle is good, Eagle is wise!

Anyone else wanna put their predictions out here, do it quick, the game is gonna start soon!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a seattle fan so of course I am biased. Shocked

This weekend
Seattle over Redskins.... this is going to be a blowout, I'm not exactly sure how the redskins got into the playoff's in the first place and last week was the strangest playoff game I have ever seen... A fluke, and that fluke won't hapeen again.

NE over Bronco's.... I have no reasoning for this, but I have seen NE in the playoffs... they know how to do it... and I haven't seen a Bronco's game at all, so I have no opinion about them.

Bears and Panthers.... I don't know how to call this one, I really don't. Dominant defense (and the team I would rather see Seahawks play) vs a good all around team. It depends on the first drive. If the bears come out and stick it to the Panthers on their first drive I think they will pull out this low scoring game, if they come out and score, I don't think the bears will be able to come back.

Colts over Steelers... The steelers aren't any better than the last time they played the Colts. Unless Peyton and that whole offense is covered in rust and their timing is way off, this game is very one-sided.

Next week.

Seattle over Bears.... I know their D is good, but I don't think they are good enough to shut down Seattle's offense. And if they can't shut down Seattle's offense, they can't put up enough points to beat them.

Seattle over Panthers (Hoping and just barely).... This would be a hell of a game. Good all around teams on both sides and it would probably come down to a field goal, possibly in over time.

Colts vs NE.... I don't know how to call this game either, but I think it would be the single best playoff game to watch. The talent of the Colts vs the playoff magic of the Patriots, I think this would be one hell of a game. I think the colts will pull it out in then end.

Of course if Seattle chokes... YET AGAIN then I believe it will be the panthers in the Super bowl instead of Seattle.

Jump to: