29 coaches online • Server time: 07:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ok seriously...

who the hell saw pittsburgh stomping all over the colts?

--j

ImageImage
Ithilkir

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not over yet... 21-18 with 4:23 on the clock.. If Pittsburgh get turned over quick or Indy get the onside kick... Colts might do it...

I get the feeling this is going to overtime.

M.Vanderjagt 46 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith. PENALTY on IND-M.Vanderjagt, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at PIT 36.

Or maybe not... What did the kicker do? spike his helmet in frustration? hope he has a new team next year lined up then....

Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

huzzah!
denver is a problem, though...

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MUHAHAHAHA

Go Steelers
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OMFG Tickets are already on sale here in Denver! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was wrong. That was not the Pittsburgh QB who played against Cinci, but I liked him! We are headed towards what may well be the most physical AFC championship game EVER!

Anyhoo, I'm 2-1 now, doing as well as anyone, I think....

See you after the next game!

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, 3-1 now. By the way, I'm assuming that we are using carry-overs in predictions, (i.e. I said Colts would beat the Steelers, so I'm stuck thinking they'll go all the way, now).

I was very off on the score, wow.....

Note I forgot: The best thing about the early game was the telecast showing both coaches, quarterbacks, and a few extras saying "he missed it". Hilarious!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Man I hate the steelers, good thing they won't beat denver. As for the seattle v carolina game, it should be interesting and close.

Don't drop the soap.
Goallie11

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as the Broncos don't win the superbowl, I'm ok. And I think it'll be the Seahawks and Broncos in the superbowl.
rainbowsoldier

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So who were the idiots that said that the colts would be too good for the Seahawks? Cant even make it past Pittsburgh. Shame, Shame, Shame.

Come on, theres a lot of you, so own up!

Sorry to say but Denvers gonna win in overtime in superbowl. Against seahawks i think. not quite sure on that but denver in overtime, as much as it makes me shudder.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright... I tried to type this out once and it error'd when sending... *sighs* I will try again.

So who saw that comming? Steelers beating the Colts... wow. I must admit, I went with just about everyone else especially after their last game and I would never have bet on the Steelers, but they played well and pulled it out, despite some horrid calls. Which brings me to my second point, what is up with some of the horrible calls over the past few games? Shocked

Pats vs Broncos.... what a cap call with that pass interference... if anything it should not have been on the Pats defender but on the Bronco's receiver. That was horrible and probably a turning point in the game, that would have stopped the Bronco's from scoring and possibly turned the game around (as that was what put the Bronco's well ahead and the Pat's had to play catch-up).

Steelers vs Cols.... This one really bothered me, because they reviewed it. Steelers intercept the ball, take two steps, slip and fall, roll, get back up, take another step and the ball slips and is fumbled... HOW THE @#$% is that an incomplete pass. I watch a lot of football and have heard the rule for a catch and what not quite a few times... that was an interception and a HORRIBLE call. The Steelers won anyway, but it shouldn't ahve been that close.

So now onto next week.

Seattle vs Panthers (And just barely). I must admit I am worried about this one, but I am a Seattle fan so that has to be my pick. I can hope.

Broncos vs Steelers... Well, between these two teams I have seen three total games. 2 with the Steelers and 1 with the Broncos. So I have no way to make a really educated guess. So I will just make an uneducated guess =). Steelers... and here is my logic. Steelers have a lot of confidence right now after they beat the team that everyone thought was superbowl favorites AND the team that man-handled them in the regular season. So my guess is with the Steelers... sorry rainbowsoldier.

Well that's it for me... till next week.

Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, the Steelers over Colts was un-predicted (by me). The Colts definitely had rust issues, and Roethlisberger has not been that precise at passiing in quite a while.

I feel obligated to explain the non-interception call. It was a BAD call. It was not a WRONG call. Technically, according to the rules, if a player loses control of the ball when he hits the ground, it is not a completion. This rule was put in place for good reasons. In this particular case it was coupled with the rule that a player is considered down when a knee is touching the ground. Logically, this combination of rules can be interpreted for the call made, he lost control of the ball with a knee still down, so he lost control when he hit the ground (since he never got off it).

It WAS a bad call. Clearly those rules were not made for situations like this, but until they are changed, the RIGHT call was made.

As a side note, Ben was right, it was their A+ game beating the Colts B- game.

I'm sticking by my picks, but wouldn't it be great to see a Wildcard/Wilcard Superbowl?

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i think panthers win over broncos in superbowl

steve smith is one-man army! the guy is a wardancer in disguise!
Wraith

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Pingo wrote:
i think panthers win over broncos in superbowl

steve smith is one-man army! the guy is a wardancer in disguise!

I'd say that 60% of his total reception yards were given to him, as well as both TDs. He is a great receiver and has a big influence on most games...although the awesome game against the Bears wasn't earned IMHO.

a 58yd pass rec when the CB fell down and a ~40yd pass rec with another CB falling are freebies. The other long pass he caught at the 4yd line was also luck, Tillman had the int until #46 hit him, causing him to lose the leverage and pull the ball completely from Smith's grasp.

It was exactly like I said it would be, if the Panthers got big plays they'd win. If you don't count the two receptions for TDs when the CBs fell down, the Bears defense actually did a decent job (1 TD and 3 FGs). The Bears defense won't stop you from driving down the field, just make you kick FGs instead of scoring TDs 75% of the time...which will cut the score in half for most teams. I look forward to next season with Grossman leading these guys, barring another injury, he looked damn good once he knocked the rust off. The Bears played well overall considering the players with injuries who were playing under 100%. You can't have your coverage fall down against Delhomme and Smith and not pay, big mistakes in a big game against big play makers = end of the season. Even with all that, they almost pulled it out.

P.S. Wardancer my ass, an orc can look like a wardancer when the opponent's player rolls double 1's Wink
Mordus

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I have to argue with you on this Macavity.
I might be wrong, but I will watch specifically for it the next time I see the replay. Oh, and I will see the replay again because pretty much the only channel I get here is a compelation sports network. Alright here it goes. The replay I saw.... He did not lose control of the ball until he was up moving again, it looked like he accidentally knocked the ball out his hand with his other hand. He had full control until he was completely back on his feet again. Like I said I will watch for the replay again and if I see it again and I am wrong, I will come back and edit my post.

Hey they still won, but it really should never have come down to that close of a game. Shocked

The NFL flat out said it was wrong. IT WAS THE WRONG CALL. That is what the NFL released about that play.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/16/bc.fbn.nfl.officiating.ap/index.html

And I just saw the reply... but, yes, you were right. His knee was still down when the ball came loose (due to contact with his other leg)... in the process of getting back up. He still had contact for more than long enough to constitute a catch and the NFL publicly announced they were wrong(which is UNHEARD OF).

Jump to: