43 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the 6 Nations?
England
23%
 23%  [ 27 ]
France
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
Ireland
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Italy
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Scotland
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Wales
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Dont care
40%
 40%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 117

magan174

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Montagne: Got to agree with you. Lats year was a great 6 Nations. We where at an English pub also that time. A lot of cheering and booing. Like when Mezir plays a game here. Wink

BrownRob: Talking about something else. How was St Pat's Day yesterday? It was a great party here in Gothenburg at the Dubliners. I sure like the culture around "rugby" (thats where I got in contact with it first), your old songs, traditions and folklore. I sang myself to a sore throat yeasterday. Wild Rover, Whiskey in the Jar, Molly Malone etc etc. Its great!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

well I was at work yestarday, then my band were playing a concert last night, so no celebrating for me yestarday! And I was dying with a cold too! Well where I live its not as great as in other places, as sometimes its made itno a political thing, that the Nationalists claim as "their day" but its not so bad this year, its getting better every year! Its great in other cities tho Very Happy

I just dont like where I live Razz
magan174

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so it´s not that big all over Ireland then. I dint know that. My first memory of the day was from parades in the States. I have never celebrated St Pats outside of Sweden. And the partys here at the local Irish pub are insane. Suddenly everyone's an Irish (me too) and the spirit is so high. When I organised St Pats at the university in linköping 4 years ago I got goosebumbs because of the atmosphere when I was working in the bar.

I sure like the music and the lyrics. I think that in every fat Prop (thats me) a small Leprechaun lives and want to get out.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

no it is a big thing over here, its just when your away from Ireland its more welcoming, but here there are some folk who dont want "the other side" going to their day, but they are a minority, but still they succeed in that some people wont go because of it!! But me, I dont mind, Im all for any excuse to celebrate!

When I wore my Ireland Rugby top when I was in uni in Edinburgh, I had people shaking my hand as I walked down the street Laughing either that, or they were secret FUMBBL'ers who recognised me from my coach pic when I had one! Laughing
magan174

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand that. Rugby is a great sport. Its like a big family unlike the football (whell not all) of course. You dont hear about thugs and hooligans at the rugby park.

Whats the saying?: "Unlike football, rugby is played BY the hooligans and spectated BY the gentlemen".
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

one thing to think about...

If ireland beat England, and wales beat France, England will finish 5th above Italy...
magan174

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha ha ha. That would be a disaster for them
magan174

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

16-18 and 6 min left
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

France win, and Ireland need to beat England by about 30 points, say 40 to be safe Laughing
 Jump to: