28 coaches online • Server time: 00:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, a funny post by Buur. And no references to pie.

Is the world truly coming to an end?

Good clean paint job, needs highlighting/inking/adding of some relief.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny, but Plagiarized.... (sp?)

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

its from the rule book in the deathzone box set for bb 2nd edition...
-Buur

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

See?

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Orc Blocker and Lineman

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yep man, your coming on nicely, neatness is the key with painting, get the base done first, then work up to slightly more! something that i find works ok with orc skin is watering down dark angel green (if you have it) and washing it over the skin, still be neat! then when its try, get some regular green, put a bit on your brush, wipe it in a tissue until you can see no mor paint on the tissue, then lightly brush over the raised areas, it brings it out nicely! hat is the next step! even mising a bit of yellow/white into the red and drybrushing the red ankle things on the BOB, would be nice, but still be neat! i see you drybrushed the grass!

Im very impressed with the neatness overall! But another bit of advice, when using 28mm the natural point of focus id the eyes and face, more the eyes really, if you paint black in the eye socket before the red then it will really elp to bring the eyes out! i do my orcs eyes in yellow, and even fraw pupils! but its a matter of taste, your eyes are good as is!

another thing you can try is blacklining, get a real fine brush and paint a line on the border between 2 colours, say on the skirt and the leg, you can always tidy up the bits after.

Also, get them based!

But hopefully im not coming across as nasty, i really like the job! much nicer than my first team, and ive got better! i mostly use those techniques along with inking, and im ok at painting now! take a look in the forums for some of my other teams.

Also, never be afraid to experiment! I even have Tartan High Elves, and black wood elves, which look fairly good! if you would like any more help then PM me Smile

PS: whats going on between you and montagne eh? Laughing Wink Laughing
 Jump to: