18 coaches online • Server time: 04:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who do you think will win the final?
Sweden
52%
 52%  [ 66 ]
Finland
47%
 47%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 126

Adar

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like we got the absolutely best imaginable final in the olympics Sweden major vs Sweden minor (or more formally knows as the great duchy of Finland).

Considering how the Great duchy of Finland vs Russia went would I probably have prefered to see Sweden face the Russians but Sweden vs the great duchy of Finland does make for a very exciting game as even some worthless cup like Baltica Cup becomes tense and exciting when the Swedes are pitched against the Finns.

Personally am I very unsure on how this will go since the Swedish players quite probably are better man for man but the Finns got a really good team spirit (I blame the Sovjets for that...).

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm, well.

Are you purposedly trying to insult finns by that grand duchy repeating or do you live in the 18-19th century.. Wink

I think it will be a fun game, and if finns keep their heads cool and don't go overly passive after they have a lead, they have good chance of winning it. I think teamwork is what's particularly good in this finnish team, team spirit has never been a problem.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll show you yellow bellied blue mamma's boys how it's done.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If Sweden wins I'll hang myself for a week before continuing to play Blood Bowl.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course Sweden will win. Finns are inferior to us in hockey in the same way as they are inferior to us at playing Blood Bowl.

Btw, the swedish word for finn and for pimple is the same.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, where is the 'macavity'-related option and 'pie' for buur?

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweden will win of course! Very Happy Best possible outcome to meet Finland in the finals though. Imagine our combined population of what, 15 million people? Consider the nations we have sent packing...the US, Canada, Russia....a combined population of 600-700 million people? By this score 1 norse is better than 40 others non-norse. I have no idea what I ramblin about but I am damned proud to see both Sweden and Finland in the finals!

Best of luck Finns and don't hate us when we win! Very Happy Very Happy
magan174

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the perfect ending on a good olympics. Swedens Three Crowns in the final vs the Lions from Suomi. Swedish methodic carefulness vs Suomis attacking Sisu hockey. Gonna be great.

As a swede I'm worried about Nittymäki, he's been the best goalie so far. Lundqvist are also a great keeper and there will be a battle between Goalies on Sunday.

Otherwise, both teams are looking pretty much the same. They have some really good players both offensive and defensive. And they have a 3:rd and a 4:th line which can go out and kill some time and play hard.

Versus Tjeckia Sweden got a "comfy" lead and controlled the game. This isn't so important versus Finland cause we all remember the World Cup 2003. Sweden were down 5-1 vs Finland when they turned the table around and won 5-6. http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/Radiosporten/programsidor/artikel.asp?programid=1033&artikel=230297

What a moment! Almost as good as the Olympic gold in -94. And Sweden has many players left from the team of 2003.

So dont miss the Final on Sunday. It starts 14:00 (GMT+1). If your local Pub doesn't send the game. Check out http://www.nos.nl/gfx/winterspelen2006/live/index.html

Moi mokulat! Routsi voittaa kultamitali. Ei saa peitää. Isä maksaa.
RC

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have too many Finnish buddies that will never shut up if Finland winns this one. So for my peace of mind and so that Sundin finaly can win something big I am desperately hoping that Sweden winns. And I think after Forsberg, Sundin, Lidstrom , Alfredson et al of that generation are gone it will be a long time beofre Sweden will be in an olympic final in Ice Hockey.

Post 12 Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Swedish methodic carefulness vs Suomis attacking Sisu hockey. Gonna be great.

This aint true any more. The Finns are playing trapping hockey with a very tight D and an outstanding powerplay. Sweden on the other hand are playing a very freeflowing attacking hockey with a suxy D.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:

Btw, the English word for Swedes is the same as for a certain vegetable, a swede.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i f Sweden play like they did when they met Russia, find will win with 10 goals or more!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Webbe wrote:

Btw, the English word for Swedes is the same as for a certain vegetable, a swede.

I know that as a Swede I shouldn't bring this up. But the spanish word for Swede, Sueco, can also mean someone who is a coward. Something with us always staying neutral in wars, and then support the winning side right at the end. I can admit, not very brave but it have kept us out of war in 197 years...

And there are so many other good things about Sweden. For instance, Even our ugly women are goodlooking, we have our unique "Allemansrätten" (In english, All men's right) which mean that everyone have the right to walk wherever they want (except for in people's backyards of course). Trespassing is unknown here.

We have free health care for everyone. There's no place better than Sweden to break your leg on your trip to Europe.

Sweden is simply the best country in the world to live in. If it wasn't for the world's highest taxes, the fact that we still haven't dismantled our armed forces (really, not a war in 197 years, we could put the money to better use) and the fact that our government screwed us over last year and declared our national day a holiday (we have managed without it being a holiday before, and I reserve the right not to celebrate any nationalistic stupidites, after all we live in 2006, not 1896), to do this they took away another holiday that I have no idea why we celebrated nor what it was for. But the important thing was that it was always on a Monday, which meant we got another day of work, and there was a large gaming convention during that weekend. Now it changes from year to year, and everytime it happens on a weekend I feel robbed and betrayed by my government. Mad

Ooops. I got a little carried away there. But all I wanted to say is, Sweden will definately win tomorrow against Finland.
Ironik

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

some question
A) where is the pie choiche?
B) in the spirit of decoubertain may I suggest Win the Best?
on the other hand
...Nah I won't write it down
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Gooooo SWEDEN! Would have prefered tp meet Russia in the final though. I said rather early in the tournament that if Sweden didnt win it, i wanted Russia to take the gold, their hockey is the most fun towatch. Ovetchkin is a god with the stick! But their time will come. They are young and will dominate for quite a few years to come i think. I predict the final score will be 4-2 in favour of Sweden

Jump to: