39 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, after two years in here i finally managed to get my 8080 port free, hopefully thinking to be able to direct connect now...

after that i told several guys to connect to the ip shown to me on my coachpage... but noone could...

i checkd the helppage for information if i maybe made something wrong, but no information was given.... just i had to get free the port 8086... so this one is also free now...

after that i checked the forum, but people posted many questions, hardly answers....

so anyone knows what could be the reason for the trouble?

...(edit)... i use zonealarm as firewall... but the bb-client should have full access to the internet... do i have to change something special for the ports?
Korenn

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

the ip shown to you on the coach page doesn't necessarily have to be your IP.

have you ever checked your ip on your own computer? you can do this by using Start -> Run -> "cmd"+ Enter -> type ipconfig+enter. Your IP should then appear (assuming you use winxp) among other information.

you only need port 8080 to play, ports 8085 and 8086 are used for spectating. If you don't use the site launcher the BB client will use 8081 by default.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Korenn wrote:
the ip shown to you on the coach page doesn't necessarily have to be your IP.

have you ever checked your ip on your own computer? you can do this by using Start -> Run -> "cmd"+ Enter -> type ipconfig+enter. Your IP should then appear (assuming you use winxp) among other information.

you only need port 8080 to play, ports 8085 and 8086 are used for spectating. If you don't use the site launcher the BB client will use 8081 by default.

hmmh... the ipconfig command just responds with IP: 192.168.1.33 ...the adress the router gives to the computer
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
hmmh... the ipconfig command just responds with IP: 192.168.1.33 ...the adress the router gives to the computer

What you have to do is to tell your router to "port forward" the ports 8080 and 8085 (if you want spectators) to 192.168.1.33. Your router manual might tell you how to do this. If it doesn't, you're screwed.

Once you have told your router to do the port forwarding, your opponents should use the IP address on your coach page.

Telling your opponents to use 192.168.1.33 won't work, because that is a local IP address that only your router knows about.
Kemuel

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Does your isp use a proxy?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hmh... im not sure... maybe i have to change something else.. but when i made the ports free i had to print the 192.168.1.33 adress there (i changed it under SUA Server Setup... you have to print a port and a ip-adress there) otherwise it wouldn't have worked... so i think its forwarded....

i don't use any proxies
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
phil78

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

cool, i just managed to host via a dc for the first time. cheers to Korenn for showing me how to get the right ip Smile
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2006 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... i don't know why but it seems to work now
 Jump to: