11 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been using Hydra for over a year now, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to follow/paste links. Well, now I have, so here's the info for anybody else using Hydra but like me clueless...

To paste a link from a website to HydraIRC, highlight the website address, click ctrl-c, then in the IRC window click ctrl-v.

To paste a link from Hydra to follow a link, you can't simply click on the link, right click, ctrl-c, any of the normal methods. Instead, you first click on "edit" up top, "copy", highlight the material you want copied by click-drag method, and voila. You can then go to an open browser, in the URL section click ctrl-v or right-click-paste. Tada!

For a year I had to manually type in a browser address if I wanted to follow a link to a player/team somebody else was advertising. This method is infinitely faster and more accurate...

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I added this to the User Guide page on HydraIRC: http://fumbbl.com/help:HydraIRCSetup

"To paste a link from Hydra to follow a link," needs clarification - it doesn't make sense as it stands.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
To paste a link from Hydra to follow a link, you can't simply click on the link, right click, ctrl-c, any of the normal methods. Instead, you first click on "edit" up top, "copy", highlight the material you want copied by click-drag method, and voila. You can then go to an open browser, in the URL section click ctrl-v or right-click-paste. Tada!

It works much simplier in my Hydra (version 0.3.151).
I just highlight the link - as soon as I release mouse button the highlight is gone and the highlighted text is copied the clipboard with no my further involvment - and paste (ctrl-v) it into browser.

So what I mean is that one may skip the first two clicks you mentioned. It's simplier, isn't it?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

or you could just get rid of that piece of crap called hydra and pick up mirc Wink

--j

ImageImage
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2006 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, but then some of us are cheap bastards not willing to pay money for it...

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you should try X-Chat

To copy into irc is a standart method.
To open a url in IRC, is only right click > open.
To copy from IRC is simple too: only highlight is needed (ctrl c don't give nothing more, but it works neverless)

PS: But Hydra may be good, and if you like it stick with it. Maybe another version, or an extra tip should help you.

Last edited by Panda_ on %b %26, %2006 - %19:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
I've been using Hydra for over a year now, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to follow/paste links. Well, now I have, so here's the info for anybody else using Hydra but like me clueless...

To paste a link from a website to HydraIRC, highlight the website address, click ctrl-c, then in the IRC window click ctrl-v.

For a year I had to manually type in a browser address if I wanted to follow a link to a player/team somebody else was advertising. This method is infinitely faster and more accurate...

Personally I've been using the FUMBBL Java Chat ever since I got here. Here you just double click on a link at it takes you there.

Can't really say I miss any features so I'm not about to do anything resembling work to get a new chat.
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe i have misunderstood what you meant but in the version of hydra i have (HydraIRC v0.3.148) you can use ctrl-c to copy a link from the text window. I just highlight the utl by dragging the cursor over it as normal and press crtl-c while it is highlighted it can then be pasted wherever it's required.

Edit: just tried what MacIke suggested and it works in my version too. Cheers for the tip mac Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2006 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

HydraIRC confusion lies here:

- Copying is so easy. Try it without pressing ctrl-c. See how it still works? You just have to highlight some text to copy it.
- double click a url to open in browser. (works for me)
- to paste into hydra use ctrl-v or edit->paste from the menu (there is no right-click menu)
 Jump to: