49 coaches online • Server time: 13:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which pizza topping is your favorite?
Pepperoni
24%
 24%  [ 36 ]
(Extra) Cheese
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Sausage
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Mushrooms
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
Ham
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
other (please post)
28%
 28%  [ 43 ]
What is this "pizza" of which you speak?
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 149

Nighteye

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm favourite pizza. Has to be: tomatoe, cheese, potatoes, red onions, spinach, rucola & shawarma. Yummy
Jazz

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, do distinguish between different bottoms. The topic means nothing if the base isn't ok.

In my opinion:
Thick pan pizzas: bad and evil to the bone. It's a try to disguise the fact that you don't have enough topping to make a number of normal pizzas.

Thin pizzas: good and yummy.

Secondly:

Favorite topping: a good quality tomato sauce, mozerella cheese and fresh basil. So, rather basic.
If I feel like: mushrooms and salami are also options.

Jazz
Istarios

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomato sauce and mozerella on a thin crust for the base. Then thin slices of potato and italian ham, spiced up with a fair amount of fresh rosemary and oregano, and topped of wit a good handfull of parmesan.
fen

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm of the opinion that the italian pizzas are the best. The american style ones have far too much cheese to be healthy.

Gimme thin crust, Tomato sauce, plenty of greens and a bit of ham/chicken, with maybe a small amount of cheese, but only as a topping not spread all over the pizza.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Either

Ham, blue cheese and pineapple (my favorite)

or

'shrooms, ham and tuna

or

paprika, feta cheese and onions.

Ironik

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I know a nice place in Sicily were they use extra fresh ingredients for the pizza, if anyone fancy coming to Sicily for a massve pizza feats followed by a fumBBl tournament...(afraid no jalapenos or feta sorry mates)....
Ah and then at the end Cassata
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't they rob and kill you on the spot in Mafia-sicily? And the Omerta forbids you to tell about their pizzas, you know!

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

tomatosause, cheese.

minced meat sauce (bolognese?), Garlic sauce, raw onions (yellow not red, red onion is for people who doesn't like onions since it doesn't taste anything).

Sometimes add bacon

Gorgonzola is nice too.
Jazz

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, and another thing: the only fruit that should go on a pizza is "frutti di mare". All else should not even go near a pizza base. Wink

And don't go asking about strawberries. I know that strictly speaking, it's not fruit. It still doesn't belong on a pizza. Very Happy

Regards,
Jazz
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Asparagus is the best

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
fen

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Revener wrote:
red onion is for people who doesn't like onions since it doesn't taste anything

I need giant eyebrow raise emoticon for that.

I really enjoy the flavour of red onions, but I like to avoid spicy/strong foods most of the time. So I can appreciate the flavour of 'weaker' foods and then really get a kick out of the spicey stuff.

Otherwise you end up taste conditioned to stuff like onions/spices etc and need more and more for the same effect.

Like coffee. Laughing
Ironik

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Don't they rob and kill you on the spot in Mafia-sicily? And the Omerta forbids you to tell about their pizzas, you know!

Indeed and then we send them in Finland to be buried in the permafrost. You are veWy veWy Wight MrMojo. Before the violet Lemmings prepare the last place where they will live in eternity.
Why do you think the lemmings dies in hordes? All to maintain the facade Mr Mojo.

Omertà? I n'ver heard about it, no sir. I was not there sir, and if I was there... I was sleeping.
PS.
How do you know that? AWe you a paWt of the famiglia? Twisted Evil
Ironik

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Jazz wrote:
Ah, and another thing: the only fruit that should go on a pizza is "frutti di mare". All else should not even go near a pizza base. Wink

And don't go asking about strawberries. I know that strictly speaking, it's not fruit. It still doesn't belong on a pizza. Very Happy

Regards,
Jazz

Agreed
Ironik
Ironik

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok triple posting, appologies to everybody.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2006 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
Shawarma is a lamb meat presented in various ways...usually stacked in a tube on a vertical spit and served in flat bread called a doner kabab....or yeeros...or in some parts of America "Gyros". All up it is a spicy lamb meat of questionable quality depending on establishment and does indeed suggest the intoxication of the eater Wink

Ah yes! Wonderful stuff! The Great Steak and Potato Company makes a yummy gyros.
 Jump to: