52 coaches online • Server time: 13:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I was kind of intrested in a finding a league with drafts at the least a semi NFL type set up. I know there are a number around. Being European I was wondering if any had a lot of european players or there was a european specific one just because of time zones and stuff like that.

Also if there are others like myself intrested in that sort of thing wanting a Euopean based version for ease of play if one does currently not exist.
smthomas2000

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree to that
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a European drafting style league. As far as i know there is not one at the moment.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL has euro coaches I believe & a full draft system stemming from the NCBB. You could start your own, but until custom league is fully set up you wont be able to do any drafting for your league. NBFL can because they have a kind site admin or two, within their league, that doesn't mind the extra work. Hope that helps.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in FDL, but i would be interested in similar one in EU zone, too.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you start one then I'd be interested. I have no experience with the format in any other leagues.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit of a NFL noob, what or how does the 'draft' system work.

How would it work in a BB league

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

FDL works with admin help. Players were created out of the system. They are being drafted. Then admin assigns the skills after the draft to each roster. All teams and players are human based, but that is a choice, not a must. The must is the admin help.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

NFL: College (NCAA) players graduate from college (or leave early) and declare themselves for the NFL draft. NFL teams then take turns, in reverse order of finishing from the last season (worst record goes first), picking college players for their squads. At various times in history there have been different numbers of rounds, but right now there are 7 rounds of 32 picks, plus 32 "compensatory picks" to help teams that lost a lot of players via free agency.

NBFL: Players play four seasons in the NCBB (our NCAA-themed league), then go into the NBFL draft. Their race and position are stripped away and replaced by a "player type", so a Black Orc Blocker or a Saurus becomes a "Strength" player, etc. Players retain any earned SPP and improvements, except for mutations, but the commissioner (ryanfitz runs both draft leagues right now) may adjust the players' SPP to make them more "coachable" or more desirable (example, a player with 90 SPP and 5 skills might lose 20 points and his last skill). NBFL teams then take turns drafting the players to fit the positions on the team's race (the aforementioned BOB or Saurus might become a Chaos Warrior if drafted by a Chaos team), then build them up with "builder" games against all-Snotling teams who gift SPP to the draftees to get them up to their original totals. Then the admins who play NBFL change any skills required to reflect the draftee's skills. There is only one round of NBFL draft, plus some compensatory picks to help beat-up teams and new teams to get to competitiveness.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like we need an admin unless we just played with no draft until then.

Are these college systems played by anyone who wants to? They sound like a cool idea.

DLE College 7s
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone can join the NCBB... if you can play on American time.

NBFL is limited to 32 coaches, but there are new openings every season. There are some Europeans playing in the NBFL.

FDL will expand at some point, if it continues. There are also some Europeans who will be playing there.

But yeah, you need an Admin to make a league like this. Kryten does the heavy lifting for the NBFL and FDL.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I can but it is not regular enough really to be reliable which is why I was looking for one.

You don't think specific european expansions are a possibility? I could handle a few with the timezones like playoffs and a couple of league games but not most games.

DLE College 7s
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

FDL tries to do this, with eastern and western conferences, but since the league is mostly Americans, it's not really conducive to EU time zone coaches.

However, you can do your own: all you need is an admin who will do some grunt work and a ton of time to assemble such a league. If ryanfitz or Kryten died tomorrow, the NBFL would probably survive, but you can bet your patoot the FDL would fold immediately.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am happy to try and to do all the admin for such a league if there is an admin that would want to play or be happy to help. And find somebody good with images and presentation because I am rubbish at that kind of thing.

DLE College 7s
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You should start hitting up Euro-time admins, then. Right now, only Kryten and Lorebass (both based in the Americas) are doing this sort of thing, but there's no rule that says the others can't get in on the fun.