74 coaches online • Server time: 20:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would it be for the common good to remove inactive teams from the Ladder?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 66 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 79

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean I want to know whether to challenge a team and wait a while for it to answer or to retract and challenge another team. Without looking "bblast" with every team/coach on the list.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't this be solved by adding the little green/grey key that says how many days it's been since the coach of the team was last online on the Ladder team list? Or does this require just as much server space as the other suggested options? If that's the case it's a less desirable option as it still doesn't remove the age old teams that never play.

I'm sure whatever happens it'll be to the good of FUMBBL and it's coaches.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, unless nothing happens and status quo continues. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

a problem with this system is ladder is REALLY hard to get games for and as it aint exactly the most popular league people jsut generally dont play it so in a bad stretch (as in a month of no-one really playing ladder then everyones teams would become retired or inacte or w/e

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It would have to be more than a month, I agree. Maybe 3 months?

Post 20 Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
In Ladder, implementing inactivity would mean checking every day how long it has been since the team's last game

That would depend on the parameters for the inactive team removal.
Example: once a week remove all the teams that were inactive for last two weeks - as stated in Ladder info.

What about the 2 weeks inactivity rule? Is it implemented (manual removal is a kind of implementation from my point of view)?
How is it implemented?

What does the inactivity stand for? Does issuing a challenge count for activity (IMNSHO should)?

Quote:
, without the aid of any already added variables. This is a lot harder than the Faction thing.

IMHO one or two views on a database combined with a delete query scheduled periodicaly (once a two weeks) should be enough.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

another annoying thing in inactivity is that the top and middle of the standing are full of inactives making the standingsa bit wrong. An admin for ladder could be good!

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

When I consider challenging a team that I'm not sure is active, I always PM the coach. in fact, always PM the coach regardless. They will be more apt to play you if you tell them what times you are online and available. Additionally, it's good to do the groundwork. Add the coach to your buddy list and see if they've been online recently and if there online habits coincide with yours. #2, check out the team's last game...when was it? If it was a year ago or last week, those are clues.

As far as changes to ladder go, I say merge the Ranked, Ladder, and Faction divisions together. The challenge system would help clean up the cherrying in Ranked and Faction and give another stat for each team. Not only would you have CR to show how good the coach is, but a ladder scale to show how good each of the teams are. then toss in the Faction categories, using the ladder points for the scale, and periodically medals are awarded...afterwards, the system resets and the fun starts over again.

Would also reduce the need for 20 teams. Instead of having three orc teams, one for R, L, and F...one would do the job.

Having said this, I'm aware it's crazy talk. Too much work to implement and admins probably like all the divisions segregated for a reason.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 02:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoy the changes I just made.
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

if you were to delete inactive things wouldnt ladder get deleted?
Razz
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Christes, it's nice to know we're heard!

Tackar!

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

that is a good idea, i can imagine a player that gets up on top of the ladder so far up it could take ages to get past him and then he just quits, that would be annoying!

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2005 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

another idea: Christer, could you just link the full standings in the ladder page.