52 coaches online • Server time: 23:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Last chance!!! - May...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks, I just got a 60Gb photo iPod and am using XP Pro. Just wondering if its possible to set it up as a massive USB Drive but everytime i connect it up it looks for itunes Laughing when im in college, anyone proficient in the ways of iPod? Wink

Thanks
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Windows does autodetect your iPod even if you haven't got iTunes installed (or at least it does for my iPod mini). It appears as an extra external drive (much like an ordinary USB drive). Your iPod will go inert (the screen shows "Do not disconnect" and the buttons don't respond) and you won't be able to access your music, but you can access the rest of the hard drive from My Computer.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 16:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The nano does the same. And even if you have iTunes installed, you can disable the auto-start through the iTunes settings panel.

Not that I actually need to use it as a storage device though. I prefer to fill it up with music Smile

Then again, I don't have anywhere near 60G of music so it might be a bit different for you.

Sooo... Now that we've sorted out the original topic, I'll hijack the thread and ask you what accessories you have/intend to get Smile

Since getting my Nano a week ago or so, I've gotten a small fortune worth of accessories:

* Martin Fields Overlay - Essential for the scratch prone nano. Plastic film that covers front and back of the device.
* Incase Wallet - Wallet style case. Space for the nano and a couple of credit cards.
* Apple armband - Needed an armband for work. The apple one was the easiest one to acquire and with the overlay, it's not too bad.
* Shure e3c earphones - The original Apple buds are not friendly to my ears. Bought the (rather expensive) e3c in-ear phones and couldn't be happier.

I intend to get the wall charger at some point since I want to be able to charge the iPod over night without having my computer turned on. I'm also considering a dock station.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I intend to get the wall charger at some point since I want to be able to charge the iPod over night without having my computer turned on. I'm also considering a dock station.

Just dock it with the fumbbl server. We all know that's on over night! Smile

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of getting the wall charger for my iPod mini (4 gigs of memory, I've used about 60% of it so far -- and a fair bunch of songs on it are really just there because I could afford to put them on), but at 30 euros I felt I was getting ripped off. It tends to live quite happily in my coat pocket, so I won't bother getting a pouch or anything. I will probably invest in a pair of decent earphones to replace the standard round Apple ones because, as noted above, they're kinda shite. :p

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 17:50
FUMBBL Staff

SkiJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Just dock it with the fumbbl server. We all know that's on over night! Smile

I've done that already. It happily charges, but I'm not entirely comfortable pulling it when there's a big "Do not disconnect" message on the screen Smile

Also, it will be tricky to charge it when I'm travelling since I rarely drag the server with me Wink
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2005 - 21:08
FUMBBL Staff

I caved in. Got myself the wall charger today. Smile
 Jump to: