27 coaches online • Server time: 02:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
westerner

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2009 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump.

Q) How quickly should I expect to start my B scheduled match?
A) Generally games are arranged and started within 1-2 mins after Bowlbot schedules the matches. IRC is preferred; if you don't have IRC, please take the initiative in PMing your opponent. Please do not enter the box if you won't be able to play, as your opponent will be blocked from the Box until the game is played or unscheduled by an admin.

Q) What kind of games should I expect to face in the Box?
A) Generally bashier and more competitive than open R as coaches are less focused on team building and more focused on the match itself. DP's are common, however, virtually all coaches "foul to win" and don't "play to foul". You will occasionally get matches where your TS is higher or lower than your opponent. Suck it up - that's part of the fun!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

In respect of the TS my feeling is that the games are fair. Don't forget the racial factor, which is considered scheduling a game. TS of two players can be different but due to a racial factor the game still could be fair.
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2009 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found the games to be consistently fair, to at least a reasonable degree. If you're going to play in the box, you need to loosen up your expectations a bit, on pretty much all fronts of game play. You will, however, find that the quality of gaming is markedly superior, since you wont be able to arrange games in your comfort zone.

Play like you've got a pair.
TBK

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What about just not playing the game that was scheduled for you? Lets say that even though the games are meant to be fair I think that the game proposed is too likely to mame my team and therefore I just don't play the game. What happens then? Is there a sanction or is it "alright"?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
What about just not playing the game that was scheduled for you? Lets say that even though the games are meant to be fair I think that the game proposed is too likely to mame my team and therefore I just don't play the game. What happens then? Is there a sanction or is it "alright"?

That kind of defeats the point of blackbox. Hopefully the admins would treat you to a ban if you tried this at all often.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:

Indeed, if this is how you feel then you should be playing in Ranked to avoid these tragically 'maiming' match ups. That sort of action would (hopefully) result in at least a ban at possibly retirement of the team for repeat offenders.

However, it should be noted in the FAQ that you now CAN select which of your teams you activate, so you can always leave your softies out for a round if you really can't bear to see them die today...

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Note also that whether or not your team is likely to get maimed is completely irrelevant as to whether or not the match is fair.

If there's a 90% chance that you'll win the game 2-0, but every single one of your players will die or get his back broken along the way, then the match is unfair. In your favour.

Fairness is about winning. If you win and get beaten up along the way, your next match will also be fair at a lower strength rating.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 23:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:

I think this fear is one of the reasons [B] features a larger population of higher AV teams. Personally, I think that fear is unfounded. Especially recently, there has been a nicer mixture of the various races. If you can't stand to rebuild a broken team from time to time, retire them and try again. Playing a fragile team in [B] is not for the faint of heart or the pixel hugger.
MattDFan

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2009 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
Does having a coach on a blacklist affect the chance of playing that coach? Just curious really, coaches rarely last more than a day on my blacklist, (we all have bad days and I never know what is going on in a coach's private life so I think benefit of the doubt is needed) so it won't have an effect on me.
Cheers,
Matt
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2009 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

No. As far as the scheduling procedures have been published (and that`s all of it I think), the personal blacklist doesn`t affect the matchmaking.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2009 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Change this...

Q) Can I select which of my teams get entered?
A) No, currently when you activate, all of your teams go into the scheduler, although you are more likely to be allocated to play the team you activated (which count as your Preferred Team).

into this: A) Yes, you can chose the teams you want to activate in a menu that opens after you click the activate button on one of your teams.
MattDFan

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2009 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers, Circular
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2009 - 10:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

Q) Can I unactivate if i decide I do not wish to play?
A) No, currently, if you activate in that 5 minute window, you are expected to play the round.

This is not correct anymore. You can inactivate by clicking on the "pending" link and deselecting all your teams.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2009 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Q) Can I hire Stars or Wizards for the match?
A) Yes, but only if they are hired before activation. Because the match is done on Team Strength, any purchases made after the teams are matched would unbalance the game, so once you have activated you will be unable to change your team.

This should read: "Yes, but only if they are hired before the draw" and "so once the matches are scheduled you will be unable to make any changes to your team."
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2009 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated
 Jump to: