27 coaches online • Server time: 09:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Petter

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some ideas on round-robin tournaments...

* Scoring - some items could be added for automatical scoring, such as wins, draws, losses.

* There could be a multiplier for number of games to play against each team. (I.e. how many legs or such). I might want to set up a season where all teams play all other teams twice, and it would be nice to not having to use 2 tournaments for this.

Thanks for everything,
Petter
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There is automatic scoring for not only wins, draws, losses, but for TD's scored and conceded, and for casualties too.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

there already is automatic scoring

the other point i wouldn't have thought been hard to implement
Petter

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah cool, didn't know that you could configure scoring... Haven't actually started yet. Smile

Thanks guys!
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I already did a bug report on it but since we are talking about automatic scoring, I'll bring it up again.

I started a tournament prior to the automated scoring. I then set up my scoring criteria but some games had already been played. I was wondering if you could allow tournament organisers the ability to change their scoring system midway through the tournament. For this to work, you'd need to update the scores whenever the scoring criteria change. Not only would this be a nice new feature but it would also solve my little problem. Very Happy

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
New Tournament Looking For Teams

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 01:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And I'll refer you to the bug page for my point of view in the retroactive scoring issue.
Petter

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Petter wrote:
* There could be a multiplier for number of games to play against each team. (I.e. how many legs or such). I might want to set up a season where all teams play all other teams twice, and it would be nice to not having to use 2 tournaments for this.

Any chance this could be implemented?

Regards,
Petter
 Jump to: