43 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I had some problem yesterday playing a tournament match.

After setting the Fumbbl Login option and hosting a game (proxy without blancks), my opponent got an error message saying something like "your opponent is using a not validate roster".

So, I downloaded the roster again and joined the match this time as client.
Same result.

We were able to play just after turning off the login option.

Anyone else having similar problems?
Am I doing something wrong?

marco

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You can not download your roster. You must put the URL for your roster into the client, and it downloads the roster automatically, that is part of the fumbbl login setup.

The Finishing Touch
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

oh...
thanks!

marco

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

on the uni computers i cant download team rosters from fumbbl when hosting or joining fumbbl games as it says javanet exception or something like that and the game wont play. there is no problems spectating games on fumbbl and there is no problem hosting or joining a game on the LAN using rosters from the hard drives. it seems that the only problem i have is downloading the rosters... Is there any way around this at all or does anyone know what the source of my problem is? Sad Sad Sad
Lofwyr

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea how to solve this problem browwnrob, but i know that a friend of mine has exactly the same problem, if he´s at university.
o if anyone knows the solution i´d be glad to hear it.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

which port is used by client to download the roster?

maybe this port is closed by firewalls...

marco

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

most likely the univerity is using a web proxy server. You will find a section in the readme that tells you how to add tags to your "options.nfo" file to allow downloading rosters thru a web proxy. You will probably have to contact the someone at the university to find out the right information to enter for these tags. There might be a way to find it looking at the setting in the web browser on the uni computer as well. Mr. Klipp has mentioned he is planning on writing up a doc to explain where to get this info when he gets the time.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Here you go:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=ProxyConfig

The Finishing Touch
terdulehead

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i have had the same problem....i am new and have been asking members to help me get a game....me and my opponet kurre turned off the fumbbl login but our feilds we black...and i belive it said oppont was using a invaild roster ...he wasnt sure what was the problem ...any help ?
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You both need to have fumbbl login checked and if you are not able to load your team with that checked you need to read the directions I posted in the link.

The Finishing Touch
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem twice now, it could only be solved by switching the fumbbl login option off on both sides.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon, you won't be able to upload games played with the fumbbl login option off, so you really need to read that link I posted and get your client configured properly if you are still having problems.

The Finishing Touch
snazzy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a problem with the fumbbl login feature in the Java client and special characters in passwords. I had a # in my password, and the client came up with an error message telling me that I had typed a wrong password or somethin. I tried a million times before I realized it might be a minor bug concerning special characters, so I swithced my password to one without special characters, and it worked perfectly. Just thought you guys wanted to know this. (Skijunkie and friends)
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 21:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The "special characters bug" should be fixed with patch 7.0d (which is out now).
snazzy

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The "special characters bug" should be fixed with patch 7.0d (which is out now).

Thats nice! It went real quick (as usual) Smile
 Jump to: