74 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Can also now confirm that the number of journeymen available does update as you retire players.
asharak

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

logged a bug in the bug reporting thingamywatchit but should maybe just have said here...

In this game this player who is a journeyman lino scored a touchdown. However on my team page in post-match he shows 0 SPP. He should still have these three points so if I choose to keep him on he starts with them.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If you choose to hire him do they loose loner or not?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
If you choose to hire him do they loose loner or not?

When you hire him, he becomes a normal lino with whatever spp he gained during the game he played as a journeyman. Or else it wouldn't be much point in hiring him.

From CRP post match sequence 6:
Quote:
[...]If hired, a Journeyman loses the loner skill but may retain any Star Player points he earend or skills learned from improvement table rolls.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought so I just couldnt remember, thanks for that.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 11:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
logged a bug in the bug reporting thingamywatchit but should maybe just have said here...

In this game this player who is a journeyman lino scored a touchdown. However on my team page in post-match he shows 0 SPP. He should still have these three points so if I choose to keep him on he starts with them.

Just wanted to state that I have attempted to fix this bug. Please keep an eye out for this kind of issue and report back here Smile
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

One note on the "ready to play" button. I hadn't known in advance, but it locks your team so you can't change the roster. I had wanted to buy an apo for my rookie dwarf team after their first game. They had a player die though, so I tried out the new journeyman thing, and clicked the "ready to play" button thinking that meant I had all the journeymen I wanted. Then I found that I can't buy an apo now.

Why lock the teams? I can see not being able to buy players when you have journeymen on the roster, but why can't you buy a reroll/apo/CL/coach, or retire players.

IMO, the "Ready to Play" button doesn't need to exist, and if you don't buy up to 11 players for your next game, that's your call.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill, that is according to the rulebook. Teams should be fixed before they are ready to play to avoid sneak-hiring of things. When you click ready to play, the team is just that "ready to play".
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 13:12
FUMBBL Staff

There are a couple of reasons for this behaviour:

1. It's strictly speaking closer to the rules. Updating your team is part of the post match sequence as per the rules.
2. It allows coaches to see what they are up against before offering a match. Hiring players or changing the team to optimise TR/TV just before entering a game makes it less beneficial to host a game as the opponent can change their team in response before entering.
3. The above is more noticeable for the number of journeymen
4. Tournaments and leagues have an easier time scheduling people if the TV is fixed.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like an odd time to implement a safeguard like this. Sneak-hiring has been a problem forever in Ranked, and is a virtual non-issue in FFB, due to stars/wizards being inducements and extra players/rerolls/etc giving up a direct equivalent amount in inducements to the opponent.

Can't say I disagree with the logic, but if this was even an option, why not implement it in Ranked ages ago?

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

What's past is past, let's focus on the future. Thanks Christer for all the effort with getting FFB ready.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Seems like an odd time to implement a safeguard like this. Sneak-hiring has been a problem forever in Ranked, and is a virtual non-issue in FFB, due to stars/wizards being inducements and extra players/rerolls/etc giving up a direct equivalent amount in inducements to the opponent.

Can't say I disagree with the logic, but if this was even an option, why not implement it in Ranked ages ago?

Probably because it's easier to justify bringing it in as a necessary part of another change than as a change specifically just to prevent sneak hiring. Either way it sounds like a good thing to me.
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

Probably because it was not a high priority untill there was a need to implement journeymen.

And now, I have one of those journeymen in my wood elf team, thanks for the great work!
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 15:15
FUMBBL Staff

The issue of journeymen affecting scheduling was the primary driving force behind this. Journeymen needed to be handled somehow, and the step to make the rest of the team management follow the rules more closely was small enough to warrant the implementation.

In the long run, this system is closer to the rules and people will get used to it pretty quickly. The separation of team states is pretty much a non-issue, since there is nothing that forces you to click past the post match sequence until you're happy with the team.
asharak

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try and get another journeyman to do something SPP-worthy and see if its worked Smile deliberately not hiring new guys to get a few journeymen to help my chances... hopefully be able to tell you if its resolved properly soon! Smile

Jump to: