25 coaches online • Server time: 14:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

My CFFL sites is all buggered... Sad

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7447

Any help from any coders who know how to fix the spacing issues that have arisen is appreciated. I don't have the time, skill or patience to track it down. Thanks

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
My CFFL sites is all buggered... Sad

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7447

Any help from any coders who know how to fix the spacing issues that have arisen is appreciated. I don't have the time, skill or patience to track it down. Thanks

Since this seem to be a site-wide change (noticed it on my amazon team bio as well) I had a quick look at the CSS files that fumbbl run.

Found this bit of code, that adds padding to all table cells and table headers (i.e. "td" and "th").

Code:
td {
   padding: 5px;
}

th {
   padding: 5px;
}

Try adding the following html code to the start of your group page (and any team bios)

Code:
<style type="text/css">td,th {padding: 0}</style>
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Balle! That helped a lot. The only thing now is to try and remove that extra spacing under the menu links. Any ideas there?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The title of the table displaying points for round robin tourneys is flush to the top of the table.

example:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=6202

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Thanks Balle! That helped a lot. The only thing now is to try and remove that extra spacing under the menu links. Any ideas there?

Not quite sure about that one at the moment. Maybe something like this can work (added inside the style tag from earlier)

Code:
 #cffltable {margin-top: -5px}

and add id="cffltable" to the table tag before the text introducing the league.

and while you are at it give the first td tag id="cfflcell"

Code:
<td id="cfflcell"><br>The Canadian Fantasy Football League (CFFL) ...

Code:
 #cfflcell {padding: 10px}

This will give some padding for the introtext hopefully.

Adjust both pixel values until it fits.

To summarize, add the two id's into the two respective html tags and replace with the following code to the top of the bio:

Code:
<style type="text/css">td,th {padding: 0} #cffltable {margin-top: -5px} #cfflcell {padding: 10px}</style>
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Off topic:

just noticed the logo for CFFL team "Hammilton TigerPact".

LOL
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Off topic:

just noticed the logo for CFFL team "Hammilton TigerPact".

LOL

Glad you like it. Smile
Thanks for the html help, will try it out later.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry

Last edited by Panda_ on %b %20, %2012 - %22:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Panda_ wrote:
Balle, it appears that some padding had be inserted some where.
In the following image, I copy pasted 2 screen shots. On the left, we are looking at the forum; On the right, some other pages. There we can clearly see that _every lines_ use more vertical space. Is there some way to reset those ?
It appears that padding, or line height has been added on the right. Do you have any ideas ?

C already said that no themes would be supported anymore other than pastel. I don't know if you can do something as user, but you won't get help from the admin side.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

THe table borders arent showing up in the team help pages - http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6AmazonSetUp (firefox, latest version)
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 23:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed a bunch of stuff. Please verify and get back to me if the issues remain, or if you find more problems.

Before you re-report something, please clear cache, or shift-reload the page.

Garion wrote:
Another tiny one, but on that same link - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=7780 the league title is partially being covered by the league logo. I'm assuming this is the same for all leagues?

Fixed

UncleDredd wrote:
Not sure if it's related, but the "PM" links next to active coaches in the Buddy List appear to be missing. Noticed it just this morning.

Intended change. Planning to reimplement that in a better way later.

jarvis_pants wrote:
Can nothing be done about this it does look a bit weird? At least put a box around the scrollable area maybe?

This is unrelated to the layout change. Will look into it later.

Nightbird wrote:
All my team logos (images) are now at the top left rather than centered on the left.

I'll leave it as-is for now. Working on new team pages anyway.

Balle2000 wrote:
Personal bookmarks in a "left panel" layout, on 1280 wide res could need a little more left-margin or something.

With a scroll bar they actually end up a couple of pixels outside the screen on the left.

Will look into that. Don't have a 1280 pixel screen so I'll have to install some addon to assist me with that.

Garion wrote:
More headers issues

Fixed

gandresch wrote:
t first a question: Will the other layouts work again? (perhaps use the old styles?)
I do not like the new layout and on Opera 11.something there are quite a few bugs.

The size of the forum headings is too large.
The line-height of the "Blog", "Profile" and so on links in the personal section is too high.
The games page: The align is buggy. The race/TV of the right team needs to be left. So does the right team and the left coach.
The own teams need to be left not centered. So does the link below each team playing in a group that says "Scheduled against N possible opponents".

Old layouts are unsupported, and would need to be fully reimplemented with the new navigation system. Don't hold your breath.

Forum headings, please provide a screenshot or clarify. I can't find anything obvious.

Tab height has been fixed

Games page alignment is fixed.

Teams list is fixed, as is the scheduled against line.

zakatan wrote:
The "recent forum topics" are only centered while in the forum. Anywhere else they are aligned left.

Unable to reproduce. Please clear cache and try again.

Kalamona wrote:
on opera recent forum topics on the top aligned to left on every page except forum.

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
Same problem on the discard re-roll screen.

Fixed.

James_Probert wrote:
The title of the table displaying points for round robin tourneys is flush to the top of the table.

Fixed.

Garion wrote:
THe table borders arent showing up in the team help pages

Fixed.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Fixed a bunch of stuff. Please verify and get back to me if the issues remain, or if you find more problems.

James_Probert wrote:

Fixed.

Fix confirmed.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
zakatan wrote:
The "recent forum topics" are only centered while in the forum. Anywhere else they are aligned left.

Confirming this bug: Image
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Completed knockout cups aren't properly aligned vertically

example: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=1&group=6202&p=tournaments&show=30541

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:
Personal bookmarks in a "left panel" layout, on 1280 wide res could need a little more left-margin or something.

With a scroll bar they actually end up a couple of pixels outside the screen on the left.

Will look into that. Don't have a 1280 pixel screen so I'll have to install some addon to assist me with that.

In case it might ease up your work load, I made a screen shot (note that the image goes all the way to the very left of the screen and browser window). Come to think of it, this was also an issue prior to the recent CSS changes.

Jump to: