22 coaches online • Server time: 04:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blackGigio

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, for me stopping (not uninstall) the ad-aware antivirus was enough.

now i can play
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

blackGigio wrote:
yep, for me stopping (not uninstall) the ad-aware antivirus was enough.

now i can play

To be honest, that program is too rare to produce any good results on google...and it does seem to produce too many problems even for itself... I recommend you seek for advice in their forums if you need it fixed....
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 08:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ad-Aware is a fairly reputable tool for malware removal (i.e., ad ware). Obviously, they've extended it in recent years to also do anti-virus and all sorts of active protection stuff. The way I use it (and I do), is to make sure none of the active stuff is running and *only* run it when I feel I need to do a scan. That way it doesn't interfere with the system when I do other things.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to use ad-aware for ad blocking but over time the regular antivirus programs have gotten a lot better at it and ad-aware seems like a tool more proper for ad-blocking than for malware protection...

My main protection these days tho is my script blocker... really has increased the speed drastically...

3rd party scripts are so common these days and they are almost always the source of all the garbage you get... starting with scripts that run within google before you even click anything...

on the other hand almost no site works these days without scripting... so you have to give permissions every time you go somewhere or nothing will work at all... and some pages require 3td party scripts that are hard to recognise... can be a real treat to figure that out but overall worth it and you dont have to be so afraid about accidentially clicking at stuff...
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 09:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL uses only a single third party script (Google Analytics), and blocking that will not affect site functionality in any way. As a policy, I make sure I host all the required scripts myself (better for control and reliability and ensures I don't automatically get switched to a new "improved" version of scripts).

But yes, having a script blocker is very powerful for reducing the risk of malware. I would also recommend "click to play" for mostly any third-party addon you have installed; primarily for Flash. Those are a pretty big source of malware as well.
Camy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2014 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Will let you know how i get it sorted, at the moment the console just gives the below when trying to spectate;

Code:
"Got connect: WSFrameConnection@10f36c2 l(192.168.0.13:59973)<->r(78.66.212.6:22223)

2014-11-29 15:23:15.205:WARN:oejw.WebSocketParserRFC6455:Fragmented Control from SCEP@1609026{l(78-66-212-6-no2200.tbcn.telia.com/78.66.212.6:22223)<->r(/192.168.0.13:59973),s=1,open=true,ishut=false,oshut=false,rb=false,wb=false,w=true,i=1r}-{WebSocketClientConnection p=WebSocketParserRFC6455@2dd308 state=OPCODE buffer=TTP/1.1 200 OK<|Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8<|Cache-Control: no-cache<|Transfer-Encoding: chunked<|<|1C<|Invalid Http Request Header|<|0<|<| g=WebSocketGeneratorRFC6455@ea3bfd closed=false buffer=-1}

2014-11-29 15:23:15.205:WARN:oejw.WebSocketConnectionRFC6455:Close: 1002 Fragmented control

Connection closed: 1002 - Fragmented control"
Camy

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorted!

Just in case it helps anyone else i eventually;

1) Tried from another PC in the house - it worked so issue was definitley my PC
2) Tried logged in as another user - didnt work so not a profile type issue
3) Ran "msconfig" and booted into safe mode with networking
4) Uninstalled K9 web protection - running with this turned off had no effect but i dont need it anymore anyway, game then worked in safe mode
5) Started normally with any other unnecessary services disabled.
nickcrap

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i think this is the best place to ask and i hate thread clutter, so here goes:

recently updated my java to 1.7.0_71 -- which is the latest version according to my mac -- and now cannot access the FFC. java loads up, i get my typical warning about fumbbl not being approved in the new OSX app world which i override and then this:

Application Error
Unable to to launch application
Name
Publisher
the new OSXs have been more restrictive when it comes to java applications -- surprise! -- but i haven't had them shut me out before. i just have to lovingly reassure my computer that fumbbl is actually really awesome and everything will be alright. now i can't even do that. i tried looking through my security settings, but nothing has changed.

i'm running OSX 10.9.5.

anyone have any ideas?
 Jump to: