38 coaches online • Server time: 13:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Hope someone remembers me around here. Been a long time since I was around here.

I've been back on trying to adjust my friend list, but I'm struggling to figure out how to delete a friend. (There is a certain person on here who really needs to understand he is not my friend. XD)

Anyway, I am sure there is an obvious way to do it that I am just missing.

--

PS — The main reason I haven't been on-line here for a long time is that I don't like the "new" rules set. Lots of nice things in there (Slann, Fend, etc.) but lots of changes that just ruin everything for certain coaches and styles (above all, the hamstringing of WE Catchers and the disgusting claim that "Sprint" is a compensation for losing MA 9. Gutter Runners would never accept that and neither do my best girls).

Anyway, to get to the point, I'm working on what I'm meaning to call "Blood Bowl 3.1" for FUMBBL. This will be a mix of classic 3.0 (don't worry, +2 DP will be back!), some elements from 4.0+ (who can keep track of versions, amirite?) and my own 2.0-influenced plans.

I am sure that Christer knows something about this concept (as do many other old-school coaches), but I can't say for sure that we will get people to code them all.

In any case, it will be good to be back here. We shall see how long it lasts.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

To remove a friend, just go to their coach page, click on 'More', then 'Unfriend'.

And welcome back.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
To remove a friend, just go to their coach page, click on 'More', then 'Unfriend'.

And welcome back.

Thanks man. =)

You can have the vacated friend slot. Wink

I am certain FUMBBL of all places wouldn't go all Facebook and claim people can have as many friends as they like. After all, if you're going to limit how many teams people can coach, you've got to limit other things too.

How have things been around here?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 09:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, the limit of the number of teams you can have (100) is high enough to not affect most coaches on the site. It's mostly there to limit the size of the coach overview page.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember you at all........especially not letting me in WIL in 2007!

If you are going to do a retro ruleset, I strongly suggest playing the new rules for a bit in the different divisions, to find the aspects that would/do work. I do agree that on the whole 4 played much better than CRP for open progressive environments.

However some aspects are working much better under CRP. Stunty works better, non-progression, and extreme bash because of JMs.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, pac!
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

And I thought it was Elephants that never forgot, not mice! Very Happy Laughing Smile
xerode

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
For the record, the limit of the number of teams you can have (100) is high enough to not affect most coaches on the site. It's mostly there to limit the size of the coach overview page.

Is that 100 teams total or 100 non-retired teams?
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

100 non-retired teams

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
100 non-retired teams

Thanks!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Demon wrote:
And I thought it was Elephants that never forgot, not mice! Very Happy Laughing Smile
Very Happy he'll see the funny side. I actually play a quasi lrb4 game myself so I may be able to feed back. Currently I am under a lot of work pressure which does tend to quash my creative side though.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, but I have to disagree with you nevertheless..

The newer rules (lrb6) is way better than the older ones.
+1 DP is more than enough, I remember the old rules were just stupid. The main thing in the whole game then was about fouling, so if +2DP is coming then I am LEAVING! Smile

As for the woodelf catcher the -ma +sprint nerf is great, since it makes it harder for thouse 1-turners, well.. a little harder anyways.
You dont "really" need 9 MA instead of 8MA, unless its for scoring 1 turn
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, hey. I just played my first games this week, after staying away for almost 6 years. It was great fun! I too have/had misgivings about the ruleset, but I mostly think they won't be a problem now.

Do count me in once you get your things together.

Nice to see you.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2016 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

P.S. the majority of my friends list has above 1 year as their latest log in. Maybe I should remove them?

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2016 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Or wait for the glorious comeback!

There is general acceptance the rules are in a better place now. This being the Internet, there is also opposition and every other view is also reflected. To be honest, it's all still Blood Bowl, suck it and see, the flavour is not wildly different. Wink
 Jump to: