27 coaches online • Server time: 01:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 12:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:
I have a couple of questions, when you get chance:

2) Can you control what teams are made using a ruleset (allow/deny etc.)

2. If I understand what you are asking, then yes. Eventually you'll be able to actually use the "Custom" setting on the rosters and pick and choose which actual rosters to use. You will be able to add rosters from other rulesets to your own.

Sorry, no. What I'm asking is will it be possible for me (as ruleset owner) to allow or deny teams from using the ruleset similarly to how you have to approve group applications?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to access the Ruleset page other than the link on the news?

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

Create a link in your personal menu bar?

When is the next FC:ME? I'd rather it did clash with the Open [L]eague Cup.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
zakatan wrote:

Create a link in your personal menu bar?

When is the next FC:ME? I'd rather it did clash with the Open [L]eague Cup.

I send a PM to myself with the link xDD

One question: I created a rule's set, if I select League Group with this rule's set (is for ressurection mode: no progresion, skills in round 1, 1.1 mo, etc). The people of my group select from the link to make the team, I invited them to the group.

So, when the tournament is created: this rule's set override the rule's of the tournament? (the +1 to armour to faul, overtime, etc, teams with no progresion, etc) or I need to put this rule's in the tournament too? (I guess that the teams will have the skills that they added when it was created)

Thanks and sorry if it is answered before.

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

Moving a team from a league with progression into a league without should work like that, yes. However, once the team moves out to a league with progression again, all the SPPs (and maybe injuries; don't remember exactly how injuries are applied off of the top of my head) will be retroactively added to the team.

Is this for technical reasons?

I think it would be nicer to not have the progression applied on leaving.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:08
FUMBBL Staff

mister__joshua wrote:
Sorry, no. What I'm asking is will it be possible for me (as ruleset owner) to allow or deny teams from using the ruleset similarly to how you have to approve group applications?

Not at this time, no. I'm not even sure I want to add that on the ruleset level (other than possibly adding the ability to disable a ruleset entirely).

On the league level, it's quite likely that I'll add a way to restrict new teams. It's not super obvious as to how this would work (ie, since there's no team to allow, it might have to be on a coach level instead).
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:09
FUMBBL Staff

zakatan wrote:

Make your own bookmark and use that feature of the site, or do what I do: Remember /p/ruleset and go there manually.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:14
FUMBBL Staff

Sainthropee wrote:
One question: I created a rule's set, if I select League Group with this rule's set (is for ressurection mode: no progresion, skills in round 1, 1.1 mo, etc). The people of my group select from the link to make the team, I invited them to the group.

So, when the tournament is created: this rule's set override the rule's of the tournament? (the +1 to armour to faul, overtime, etc, teams with no progresion, etc) or I need to put this rule's in the tournament too? (I guess that the teams will have the skills that they added when it was created)

Thanks and sorry if it is answered before.

This is how it works for a match in a tournament:
1. The tournament is checked to see if it's set to use custom settings (the "Use custom settings for this tournament." checkbox in the tournament settings).
2. If the tournament has that checkbox enabled, those client options are used. This will override *all* tournament options and not just the ones you change, so you need to be careful to set up the tournament in the way you want it.
3. If the checkbox is NOT checked, and the teams are in a league, the league settings are used
4. If the teams are not in a league, the division default settings are used.
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfectly explain. Thanks Christer

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:23
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
Christer wrote:
once the team moves out to a league with progression again, all the SPPs [...] will be retroactively added to the team.

It's a design decision. Non-progression teams track SPP generating events which gives an indication of how the team plays their games (for example, is a Chaos Dwarf team using Bull Centaurs to score or not).

Also, when a team reports a match in a progression enabled setting, the site compares each player's number of skills against the number of skills their current SPP allows. If the player has too few skills, new ones are given out.

It would certainly be possible to get around this, but I'm not sure I want to add that much complexity for something I feel is a quite rare situation. It would become significantly harder to understand how the player's SPP is counted and without pretty extensive audit logging, it would be impossible to recreate a player's actual SPPs and skills (in case a problem was found and I needed to recalculate things).

I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but for now I focus on other parts.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've created a team with 750k treasury, but team page says TW=800k, why?
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=825152
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
koadah wrote:
Christer wrote:
once the team moves out to a league with progression again, all the SPPs [...] will be retroactively added to the team.

It's a design decision. Non-progression teams track SPP generating events which gives an indication of how the team plays their games (for example, is a Chaos Dwarf team using Bull Centaurs to score or not).

Also, when a team reports a match in a progression enabled setting, the site compares each player's number of skills against the number of skills their current SPP allows. If the player has too few skills, new ones are given out.

It would certainly be possible to get around this, but I'm not sure I want to add that much complexity for something I feel is a quite rare situation. It would become significantly harder to understand how the player's SPP is counted and without pretty extensive audit logging, it would be impossible to recreate a player's actual SPPs and skills (in case a problem was found and I needed to recalculate things).

I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but for now I focus on other parts.

Cool. I'd call that 'technical reasons'. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

It counts the ghost of your 11th player. I guess so.

Like this team
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Khor_Varik wrote:
Roland wrote:

It counts the ghost of your 11th player. I guess so.

Like this team

ooooh.....
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 15:04
FUMBBL Staff

That seems likely. TW isn't used for anything outside official tournaments though so I doubt it's a worry.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: