The NAF is an international association of players dedicated to Blood Bowl. The NAF acts as a central resource for coaches the world over – offering news, contacts, discussion, sanctioned tournaments and international player rankings. Whether you are planning to run your own tabletop tournament, looking for a league or just wanting to catch up on the latest from the world of fantasy football gaming, the NAF aims to provide everything you will need.
Why not find the most up to date information on tabletop tournaments in your area? There is a handy list here. If you ever need help or have any questions regarding attending a tabletop tournament, please come ask!
The NAF and FUMBBL are proud to announce the Waterbowl Double Elimination 2020.
Schedule and Format
• The Waterbowl Double Elimination 2020 will be a double KO tournament. Therefore, the number of rounds can only be estimated once the tourney has started. I would assume 6-8 rounds to play for the winner.
• This is a single tournament in double elimination format with Overtime activated.
• Lose once, you will be moved to the loser bracket. Lose again you will be eliminated. Winner of the loser bracket plays the winner of the winner’s bracket in the final.
• Round 1 will begin at 22:00 CEST on Monday, 25th of November 2019
• Any submissions as soon as possible are most welcome deadline for submission is 9 pm on 25th of November
• Each round will last 1 week, and rounds will begin at 22:00 CET on each Monday of the tournament. There will be a 2 weeks period from 23rd of December over the holiday period (till 6th of January)
• The Waterbowl Double Elimination is using the rules of the Waterbowl Weekender 2020 (apart from not being swiss but double elimination)
• Since this is a KO tournament with brackets and not swiss, there is potential possibility to allow an extra day or so to play your game if asked properly in advance.
Rosters and Skills
• Exact rules can be found on the official post of the Waterbowl Weekender 2020. Here a quick summary
• The 26 NAF approved races are available. There are no tiers but 4 skill packages.
• Package 1: 5 normal 1 double
• Package 2: 4 normal, 1 double, 1+Mv or 1+AV
• Package 3: 3 normal, 1 double, 1 +AG
• Package 4: 3 normal, 1 +ST
• Your team has 1100 TV (without additional skills)
• All stat ups need to be marked in the bio so I can set them for the team once created.
• Only the new NAF approved Star Players from GW are allowed
• Instead of a double skill you can take a normal skill
• Every player can only receive 1 skill
• Star players may not receive additional skills or stat upgrades
Skill slots available will be: (whereas you can always take normal in the doubles slots)
Day 0: 4 normal 2 double
This does not mean that you are eligible to take all the skills. Only what you’re allowed with above mentioned packages
• Waterbowl Double Elimination 2020 is a double elimination resurrection tournament. The format is new on fumbbl and in case of any errors of matchups the tournament organiser will decide on what is the best way to continue.
• You are in the tournament until you lose twice. when you lose the first game you move to the loser bracket and only if you lose again you are eliminated.
• If you win the loser bracket you have to win twice against the winner of the winner’s bracket to win the tournament.
• Overtime in fumbbl works the following way:
o New drive after turn 16 (new KO rolls, new ban secret weapons, new kick off table and so on, however rerolls are not reset, chef does not get to cook again.
o Coinflip on who gets to receive, and first td decides the game
o If there is no TD in turn 24 there is a coinflip D6 + remaining rerolls.
FUMBBL Team Creation and Application to the Tournament
o Before you create your team on Fumbbl, I highly suggest that you use an excel sheet or my little army builder online to create your team and make sure it adds up to 110 TV
o Once you have decided on your setup, your Team should be made via this link
o Select your race and team name (see the Useful links section below for advice on making a FUMBBL team)
o On the team page, there is no need to change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’
o Select all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’
o Ensure your team complies with the FUMBBL disclaimer pop-up
o The following screen allows then you to select 4 normal and 2 double skills. depending on your package please chose the no skill option for remaining skills
o When ‘save’ is pressed to confirm your skill choices, there is no pop-up or conformation screen. You can check your skills have saved correctly by navigating away from the screen and then checking ‘Team Options’ on your team page
o NAF coaches should record their NAF nick (if different to their FUMBBL username) and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the future recording and ranking of online games
o Inducement(s) you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio
o When you play a match in the tournament, select your listed inducements when the client loads up as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury as petty cash
o It is important that you only use the inducments that you have declared in your team bio
o In the event that non ‘rostered’ inducments are selected in the client by a coach, the match result will be void and the game awarded to the opponent
o Click the ‘group members’ tab and then use the ‘apply for membership’ dropdown
• As this is a KO tournament there is no scoring needed. Lose twice and you’re out!
• Please endeavour to complete your games. PM your opponent as soon as you can and organise a time to play
o If agreeing a time is proving difficult, PM your division admin as soon as possible
• Games will be forfeited promptly to begin new rounds
• In the event you forfeit a game without a valid reason, we reserve the right to temporarily exclude you from future NAF sanctioned online events for a short time
• Games will be recorded as Online NAF games on the-naf.net. Forfeits and games against non NAF members are not recorded
Online Ranking and NAF membership
o All Games between NAF members are recorded on the NAF Homepage and will be used to calculate the NAF online Rankings
o Even though a NAF membership is not mandatory, we highly encourage to become Member of the NAF, because:
o 10$ paypal of 5$ in person should be doable for everyone, already to just to support the NAF.
o Tracking your online rankings and enabling your opponents to play for their ranking is always fun
o You get goodies every time you renew your membership
Useful Links and FAQ
Please see this FUMBBL group for useful links and FAQ.
The Road to the NAF Chapionship 2015
5 rounds of Swiss, final 261 Coaches, 5.1.17 - 28.3.17
Champion – straume (won a ticket to the NAFC)
Stunty Cup – Zed
Raffle winner – m0gw41
Final Runner-up – Diceskill
2nd Place – cedric19
3rd Place – Jokaero
Lutèce Cup Challenge
International groups, 8 team playoff 180 Coaches, 1.4.15-28.5.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Strider84 / MrPeng
Euro Group 2: Tripleskull / Estremo
Euro Group 3: JanMattys / Flix
Euro Group 4: Justicium / PacoSillas
North America: happygrue / Stimme
Oceania: hbgs / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Tripleskull
Final Runner-up - JanMattys
Stunty Cup Winner - Lorebass
Online Dutch Open
International groups, 8 team playoff 92 Coaches, 15.6.15-31.7.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Thot / Soycu
Euro Group 2: Yashin / Tripleskull
Euro Group 3: eldritchfox / Hamlet1980
North America: happygrue / pizzamogul
Oceania: Relezite / mushoomy
Overall Winner - Thot
Final Runner-up - happygrue
Stunty Cup Winner - Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm Up
International groups, 8 team playoff. Team based side event, 4 team playoff 144 Coaches, 24 Teams, 10.8.15-19.10.15
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Joemanji / gesize
Euro Group 2: fxiii / Zoul
Euro Group 3: PeteW / Straume
North America: Sutherlands / happygrue
Oceania: bmilner / Dunenzed
Overall Winner - PeteW
Final Runner-up - gesize
Stunty Cup Winner - mrt1212
Team Challenge Winners - Joe le Taxi (azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
The Road to the NAF Championship 2016
International groups, 8 team playoff 146 Coaches, 7.1.16-30.3.16
Group Winners / Runners-Up:
Euro Group 1: Kithor / Estremo
Euro Group 2: JimmyFantastic / Simon_MLF
Euro Group 3 Strider84 / Endzone
Euro Group 4: Jokaero / fxiii
North America: spock / nerdbird
Oceania: Olaf_the_Stout / Dazedmw
Overall Winner - Jokaero
Final Runner-up - fxiii
Stunty Cup Winner - m0gw41
Raffle Winner - iena
NAF Team Challenge
International groups, 6 team playoff 134 Coaches, 22 Teams, 1.4.16-30.5.16
Euro Group 1: Strider84
Euro Group 2: Jokaero
Euro Group 3: didier59
Euro Group 4: simon_MLF
North America: Wreckage
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Straume
Lutece Challenge: Tripleskull
Online Dutch Open: Thot
World Cup Warm up: PeteW
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: Jokaero
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open: Timetis
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnement: BiBi
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: Strider84
Speed Bowl 1: Jokaero
Online Welsh Open 18: Kithor
Dungeonbowl (K)Online: Kalos86
Road to the NAF champtionship 2018: Bugrum
Danish Open Online: Gartch
NAF Speed Rush 19: Strider84
Team event Champions:
World Cup Warm up: Joe Le Taxi (Azzroag (c), Bucks, geggster, felix_le, Simon_MLF, Nathaniel-FR)
NAF Team Challenge 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Candlejack, Kithor, Jokaero, lauth81)
Europen Online 17: Team Hellhound (Strider84 (c), madmatt13, Jokaero)
NAFifa World Cup 18: Italy (buttinho, Dirold, Estremo, Sampittu)
Europen Online 18: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher)
Word Cup Warm up 2019: I Lupi e la Piovra (Dirold, Spartako, Liam_Gallagher, Kaltenland)
Road to the NAF Championship 2015: Zed
Lutece Challenge: Lorebass
Online Dutch Open: Jopotzuki
World Cup Warm up: mrt1212
Road to the NAF Championship 2016: m0gw41
Spike! Magazine Showdown: Topper
Online Welsh Open: m0gw41
Dungeonbowl Highlanderturnament: No stunty cup
Road to the NAF Championship 2017: SkavenLordVinshqueek
Speed Bowl 1: No stunty cup
Europen Online: No stunty cup
Q: Who are the NAF? A: Click on the 'NAF' tab above and find out!
Q: What are Online NAF tournaments? A: Online NAF aims to reproduce tournaments a NAF member may have attended on tabletop here on FUMBBL. Online NAF tournaments are open to all, members and non-members, and a number of shiny, physical prizes are up for grabs.
Q: When are the online NAF Rankings happening? A: Part of the rankings are uploaded and can be found here
Q: Why haven't we got tiered rulesets yet? A: Coding tiering of skills / gold / both is non trivial. We hope to bring you this functionality soon.
Q: What about format X? A: Strider84 is always up for ideas, and you never know, format X might be in the pipeline! Remember - tournament functionality is open to everyone, so you can always have a go yourself in the mean time.
Q: I organise a tabletop NAF tournament. Can we speak about doing something online? A: Sure! Contact Strider84. He'd be happy to hear from you.
Q: Can I help staff Online NAF tournaments? A: We've a great team looking after Online NAF, but we're always interested in hearing from volunteers. Contact Strider84.