36 coaches online • Server time: 11:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres get tougher as you increase TV, as their main assets of s5, a9, mblow are available to start with and they don't have general access on normal rolls. Perhaps if you are lucky with a couple of good statups and valuable doubles like block/tackle/pro that will help you keep doing ok. Also they are so vulnerable to claw teams considering the expense to replace ogres. That said, you can have fun. Though he is vastly overpriced and sometimes goes out early I quite enjoy my superstar snotling Little Lord Lucan too. I almost got an Ogre to legend but it was a slow grind at maybe a cas per game average (before I apo'd a badly hurt and then he was killed).
Snotlings having titchy and not modifying opponents dodge roll with their tackle zones is a real pain if you have any snots on cage corners etc. Also any one turn with a few boneheads can lose you a drive. You can search for the ogre tactics thread from a year or two ago that may help you a bit for ideas.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

How about: At the start of each turn roll a D6. On a 5 or 6 place an extra snot model in your end zone.

Hmm. On any sideline square? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember playing against a snotling team and it seemed like there were hundreds of them on the pitch. I think I had 27 casualties for the game. After that season we house-ruled that a player had to keep track of their casualties for the game and we would count every 3 snots as 1 casualty per player.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
After that season we house-ruled that a player had to keep track of their casualties for the game and we would count every 3 snots as 1 casualty per player.

That is a good point actually. I sometimes find it ridiculous when an opponent gets several casualties and thus a load of spps just for hurting snotlings. It's like you are giving someone a match to skill up players.
A chaos Dwarf for example will get a 3db when hitting a snotling, will probably get him down due to block and tackle, will likely pass the av5, and then has +1 for stunty plus any other modifiers like mb.
That brings me on to another point. If your oppo marks up snotlings you have to be extremely careful with when to do risky manouveres as a turnover when you have snotlings next to opposing players is a surefire way to lose. On the other hand if the marking players have tackle you will probably use a rr just dodging snots away.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that could improve the Ogres, and make the team more viable is if every Snotling started with Guard
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ARR first victory! We almost blew it a couple of times through rubbish play but we crawled over the line with a lot of luck.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread made me start up an Ogre team. First game was a loss, but I think that was because I'm a mediocre coach plus I don't have a playbook for them yet! Let's see how hard they really are.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 23:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the foul count high, IMO.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
ARR first victory! We almost blew it a couple of times through rubbish play but we crawled over the line with a lot of luck.

Good on ya, mate. Nice goal, also.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Yes.

No.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I wonder if just giving them general skill access on normal roles would be enough of a boost. On the other hand I really like the sound of just swarming the pitch in snots while the ogres stumble about and try to hit something.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Keep the foul count high, IMO.

+1

bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just had a game in the box against ogres which was a narrow escape. Was a tough game.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a rule like this?
When a Snotlings is cas'd roll D6... on a 6 (or 5 & 6) you discover there were actually 2 Snotlings on that square and only 1 was hurt.

More Snotlings on the pitch to help the Ogre team compete... TZs and assists etc.
More Snotlings to squish for cas spps for the opponent.
 Jump to: