25 coaches online • Server time: 03:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So I am trying to get a reasonable ranking with every race in ranked and in the box. Most are fine. I imagine gobbos and flings will cause me a serious headache. But ogres...

In ranked I could pick way too much to give myself a chance but in the box it feels hopeless.

I was checking through the top ranking coaches and see many seem to have played before the 6 ogre limit was enforced.

This is hardly riveting stuff but things are slow at work so...

Are ogres in the box a lost cause or does anyone have any evidence or theories on how they can work? At least enough for me to aim for a reasonable ranking.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

just use 16 snots and a boat load of rr's. jk
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem here lies in the way you define your goal. There is simply no way even the finest Ogre coach in the world can get a high rating for Ogres in the Box. They simply suck too much.

What you CAN achieve is to have a high rating for an Ogre coach in the Box. Don't set yourself up for too much frustration by aiming for targets you never achieve.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The top 3 ARR! Ogre coaches all had winning records last season: Ogre. Perhaps take a look at the builds and watch some replays to see how they managed it.

Ogres were my favorite LRB4 team, just the perfect blend of hopeless and potential to be a fun challenge to coach and manage the roster. CRP Ogres are... well, they ruined them and they're just not fun anymore.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Cloggy and Pizzamogul.
Cloggy what would you say is a good rating? I have naively been going off the 'rookie -> legend' ratings.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP bent Ogres over and took them to browntown.....shame really, they were a fun team Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Thanks Cloggy and Pizzamogul.
Cloggy what would you say is a good rating? I have naively been going off the 'rookie -> legend' ratings.

A "good rating" would be to win the ARR Ogre. Mr. Green

Calcium wrote:
CRP bent Ogres over and took them to browntown.....shame really, they were a fun team Wink

6 ogres are enough IMO but I'd give them back goblins.

That may be a bit too strong under O[L]C rules though. Wink

Last edited by koadah on %b %03, %2015 - %16:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

But Harad, they can still do fun things...

More seriously, I think the 4 ogre build in the box is the wrong way to go. 5 ogres 2 RR seems to me to be the way to start them in the box. Try that, and do recall that a winning record is possible, though I wouldn't set your sights much higher than that.

Also: Come join ARR!

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 16:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My CRP only ARRgres have piled up a solid 14/4/14 record, playing primarily in Black Box Brawls. My blackbox ogre CR is 140.98. Ignore the Ranking, play for fun.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
6 ogres are enough IMO but I'd give them back goblins

I'd even follow the Stunty Leeg lead and instead of having a worthless single Snot running around, turn that position into a Snotling Mob with regen and thick skull to represent the group "reforming" after being spooked by a member or two getting creamed.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
The top 3 ARR! Ogre coaches all had winning records last season: Ogre. Perhaps take a look at the builds and watch some replays to see how they managed it.

Ogres were my favorite LRB4 team, just the perfect blend of hopeless and potential to be a fun challenge to coach and manage the roster. CRP Ogres are... well, they ruined them and they're just not fun anymore.

As the ARR historian I must add that these 3 were the first winning Ogre sprints.
Dont look for CR, breaking the Ogre sprint record or winning a Brawl with them are two nice goals HARRad. But above all have fun and kill all mens Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
koadah wrote:
6 ogres are enough IMO but I'd give them back goblins

I'd even follow the Stunty Leeg lead and instead of having a worthless single Snot running around, turn that position into a Snotling Mob with regen and thick skull to represent the group "reforming" after being spooked by a member or two getting creamed.

Nice. I'll try that when we get the option.

Wasn't there once a rule that extra snots could sneak onto the pitch?

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Wasn't there once a rule that extra snots could sneak onto the pitch?

In BB2 a Big Guy would cost 2 normal players, and you could field 2 snotlings for a normal player.

I used to have a team which fielded an Ogre, 8 normal players and 2 Snotlings.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah koadah. It was in 4th ed gold I think then later in a fanatic magazine. Snotlings were 0-30, for every snotling on the pitch at the start of a drive you would roll a d6: 1 nothing happens, 2-5 - 1 extra snoring is placed next to the one on the pitch, 6 - 2 extra snotlings are placed.

It was an amazing rule lots of fun, and it should never have been got rid of.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wish Ogres could TTM Snotlings to Long Range!
 Jump to: