63 coaches online • Server time: 20:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say I was a little surprised at the lack of flaming on my last submitted team the Halfling Wizards so I thought I’d throw a more contentious one at you all.

0-16 First Attempt 6 1 3 7 Dodge, Stunty (G,A,S) start with a niggle 50k
0-16 Second Attempt 6 1 3 7 Dodge, Stunty (G, A, S) 250k

Rerolls 70k apoth yes wizard (necromancer) yes

Fluff

The great necromancer Ac’nune loved blood bowl so much he decided to build a team of his own – literally. He used parts from various creatures – halflings, goblins even ogres and brought them back from the dead to play bowl once more.

The second attempts were actually a little cheat, the great elf team ‘Balstomes Lager’ crashed their team bus in the forest close to his home. Not one to miss an opportunity Ac’nune captured the elf team and chopped them up. ‘Nothing beats a fresh corpse’

The idea is to see if the team can actually make it to a high TR and provide something new once more. The obvious flaw is if you play someone less TR and they get virus. That would be amusing, but if you play some of the big names in stunty you would undoubtedly win a game if you got virus anyway.

The very nature of the team gives you something to aim at ‘Can I get a team full of Second Attempts?’ Answer ‘ I doubt it!’

Flame on!
MixX

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

overpowered!!!11!!one
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

huh?
MixX

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

didn´t you want meaningless posts without reason or good arguments? (aka flaming)
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
0-16 Second Attempt 6 1 3 7 Dodge, Stunty (G, A, S) 250k

Uber.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah thats true MixX lol. I just wanted some debate too as stunty is dead.

Only Uber if you can get them Britnoth.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the idea is good.

One of the reasons Stunty is dead, is because there are only Killingmachines and victims. No players.
A Second Attempt would very soon be niggled, and thus there would be no point in buying them...
Maybe in another Stunty.

Liked this one...

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

A str 1 gobbo for 250k.

I was being sarcastic..... obviously.....

This team is a joke right?
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it isnt its a STR1 gobbo with gen access. People say you cant have gen access even on str 1 therefore you give them another negative and that is a starting niggle. It adds an unpredictable element to the game. But some constructive advise from someone like yourself would be appreciated. I'm not sure you could stretch to that of course.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.

1. How do you propose they win a game.
2. How do you propose they knock even a str 2 stunty over.
3. How do you propose they will want to have 20 TR more to have a niggle-less useless player.

Assuming they do somehow last long enough to generate skills, with 16 players you will, on average, start with only 12 or 13 of those. With some block/tackle/guard/dp, you may be able to knock over opposing stunty, and with a few doubles have dauntless to knock even an opposing big guy over. BUT, all this will take so much TR, that they will either have to give away a ton of handicaps and risk 16 players virused out, or play teams with block/tackle/multiblock big guys that will smear your team across the pitch.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats better Britnoth, let me cogitate on those useful comments and I'll get back to you. Smile
angelface

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of having a cheaper niggled and a more expensive full health guy is awesome imho. But these statistics make the team unable to win a single game out of 1000.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats why I posted them here to get opinions of seasoned Stunty players.
 Jump to: