76 coaches online • Server time: 22:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2003 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Something I would like to see, perhaps in addition to "luck" would just be a histogram of no of 1's, 2's, etc. rolled for each side. And a similar thing for two die rolls. Then we can see for ourselves if the dice were inlucky or we just did the wrong thing at the wrong time.
slackman

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

this last post has probably the best idea as far as simplicity of design as well as functionality. a simple chart of what you actually rolled, and maybe a % of the times you rolled them that succeeded in whatever it was you were doing...

0%
47 37%
36 28%
54%
88%
8 100%
1s 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s

this is something like what i would expect to see after playing one of my games...

maybe a seperate chart for blocks (1, 2, 3d) and armor and injury rolls.

as far as stats are concerned, i wouldnt expect a great list, maybe just a few important stats like the ones used in american football:

yards rushing: number of squares moved forward w/ the ball, -squares moved backwards.

passing yards: number of FORWARD squares thrown and caught by a member of your team. i wouldnt include backwards passes, this is called a pitch and is, in football terms, akin to a handoff. so if(passYards < 0) then (passYards = 0)

incomplete passes: a pass that results in a turnover, i.e. not caught

interceptions thrown: number of times a pass was intercepted, the player who intercepts the pass already has his stat recorded.

receiving yards: same as above, but for the player catching it.

drops: number of times accurate pass is thrown to a player, and they dont catch it.

since its bloodbowl, maybe a stat or two on knockdowns:
knockdowns recorded by a blocker, knockdowns that resulted in breaking armor, or forcing a loose ball, number of times knocked down while throwing the block. maybe these could be combined into a blocking efficiency rating. some function of knockdowns/blocksThrown and armorBreaks/knockdowns.

fumbles: number of times a player drops a handoff or gets knocked down carrying the ball.

i doubt this is a complete list, but maybe its a start. perhaps the rugby players have some stats of their own that may differ from those above and could post those.

slackman42
slackman

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

erm, apparently it doesnt like spaces and such, so ignore that attempted chart at the top of that message

slackman42
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Use the "Code" option to make the chart. That spaces everything in the Courier font.

Such as

Code:
Linelf  6 3 4 8 G, Ag 70k
Blitzer 7 3 4 8 G, Ag 100k  Block

Asperon Thorn
 Jump to: