46 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2010 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
TheCount wrote:
There are coaches who cherrypick noobs with 95/83 Goblins by playing their 300/260 KillerChaos. I know these are rare cases, but this would be an easy and good rulechange (at least the 2nd part of my suggestion).

Link?

I know that teams above a certain TS are exempt and teams below 100TS are also exempt... but I thought that they could not play against each other.

^^ wot he said
nin

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2010 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

For me the answer to the question is that once in a while you may find a fair match with more than 40 TS difference, but it's much more common to see unfair matches played at 30-40 TS differences so, removed the TS difference cap, we could get a few good matches that now are not possible, but quite likely we would see outrageous cherrypicks more often.
Resarf

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2010 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lameballing: to play only bloodbowl matches in which one has a clear advantage.

The simple answer is that lameballing is easier without the TS cap. The unfortunate caveat is that it is too easy as things stand. Nonetheless the cap makes sense.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2010 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It is definitely needed, but it is by no means a perfect system, sometimes I don’t think the TS gives you a true reflection of how good a team is because although skills are worth the same (aside from doubles and stat increases) some are not as good or useful as others. For example if you take it too the extreme and had a team with 11 human linemen who all had kick vs 11 human linemen who all had block the block team should win. Although I'm not 100% sure how the TS is worked out to be honest so everything I said might be a load of nonsense.

This is my Slann team LRB5 and I think the TS is too high considering how few skills I have obtained.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=615451

That said it is still the best indicator we have in LRB4 and more often than not if the ts is unbalanced the higher ts team will win.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2010 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Your Slann team is valued way too high, because the system interprets VLL as its LRB4 form (so +MA).

Add to that the tendency to overvalue teams with many skills when they start to skill up...
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2010 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ignore TS in d5, it has no place there.
 Jump to: