57 coaches online • Server time: 20:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Silence

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2003 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since I'm having trouble with java and not the client... but I don't know where else to ask.

I have two problems, and I've had them both before, but they went away when I replaced JRE 1.4.1 with 1.3.1... I wanted to try JBBReplay, and that requires 1.4.1 or higher, and I thought that the trouble I had could've been because of me doing something wrong when installing java.

Like I said I have two problems, and both happen in both JavaBBowl and JBBReplay. One is that whenever I press Browse(or File) the icons in the top right corner of all the Windows windows( Confused ) turn green, even in windows I open afterwards... the other is that my computer crashes whenever I try to open either one of the programs, unless I do it as soon as possible after turning the computer on.

Any idea what's causing this?

EDIT: I tried opening the client and it worked, but the icons in the corner still turned green even though I didn't click a thing. I guess that it only freezes if I've already opened something with java... I'll try opening it again and if I don't edit this again it did freeze.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How about giving us some info on your machine like OS, RAM, etc. It may help.
Silence

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2003 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... As you might have guessed I don't know that much about computers.

Windows 98
128 RAM
Intel 82443BX Pentium(r) II Processor (I think it's something like 350-400MHz)
Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I had this problem on my Laptop, SKi Junkie gave me some good advice, try turning off the direct draw when you run the program (Search for the thread to find exactly how to do this). I had this problem on another machine, and the latest build of 1.4.1 (I think its _03) seemed to solve the problems.

Hope this helps.
Viking_Lord

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You can turn of de Direct Draw feature by using de DXDIAG tool.
Just click de Start/Run and write de command.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 14:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There is an option to turn it off for java only. No need to disable direct draw for other apps as that will end up being an unnecessary performance drop on apps that don't have this problem.

-- Christer
Silence

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone, it seems like that solved it.
 Jump to: