46 coaches online • Server time: 19:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

lrb 4 human blitzers need guard, tackle, mighty blow before considering pro or retirement

in my opinion 1 blitzer with pro as a 4th skill is ok at high TR (180+) for those blitzes for damage at the end of turn, but more than 1 pro player is bad
humppatoukka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Cant really see a reason why you would have pro on a human team, but not impossible...

No, it would still be a terrible pick as Guard is like 10 zillion times better in that case...

As I said, Guard was and is the definitive first skill on a blitzer. Because of the obvious weakness against bashing teams the need all the muscle they can get.
pythrr wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
humppatoukka wrote:
Alf115 wrote:
You can already scratch "Pro" out of your list of useful skills to start with.

I was a bit misleading. Ment that in a case where, for example, a blitzer aldready has guard and MB.

Then it is still a horrible choice.

+1. a stupid skill that just gets one into trouble.

I understand that you are against the skill pro. Thats about all I got from this "discussion" Smile
What I mean is that, as I said earlier, pro is useful in a lot of situations and, while its not anywhere near as good as a reroll. it's still usable many times per game, for example when doing a 2 dice block and getting 2 pushbacks. Pro is situational but its essentially never a dead skill. Even then I do agree that it certainly isn't the best skil around and is more of a last resort pick.
But enough about "pro"!

There were also some good points about fouling and about not always blitzing the softest/most threatening target but to position blitz to free more players. It's nothing new that humans can't regularly outbash their opponents and advices against bashy opponents are usually short - although this may be because of humans opportunistic nature against these teams.

What this thread is also lacking is opinion/advice about managing (human)teams economy. Zakatan had a good point in keeping an eye out for the winnings table. What else? Keep them coming!

And, as I dont want this to be another "what to buy next"-thread, feel free to share your experiences with/against humans!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Really, you need to convince JanMattys to log in and tell you.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally speaking, get yourself to 11 players before worrying about getting all your positions filled. If you have 9 players and 120k, 2 linos are better than an ogre.

Also, I haven't specced any of your games, but make sure that it's 3 linos on the LOS on defense. They are cheap and expendable. Don't get all heroic and think your blitzers and/or ogre will hold the line. Also, in general, don't use the apo on rookie linos (very late in a game maybe, but protect your better and more expensive players above all).

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
 Jump to: