34 coaches online • Server time: 01:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
'Each game conceded by a S.P.L.A.T. team will lose 5 points from their final total score, whether that game is one of their 5 highest scoring or not.'

+1
baelnic

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
It doesn't seem that hard to write a concessions rule. I figured something like:

'Each game conceded by a S.P.L.A.T. team will lose 5 points from their final total score, whether that game is one of their 5 highest scoring or not.'

Well context matters, that's why I'm leaving it up to discretion.

Last season we had a game with a concession that could have hurt someone's chance to leapfrog his opponent in the standings. In this case it was a rash reaction and he wasn't trying to game the system but I see no reason why someone won't try it at some point. Sometimes 5 points is too little, sometimes 10 points is to much. Sometimes they shouldn't be allowed back into S.P.L.A.T.
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should set up some kind of concession comittee or something.

They watch replays of games that were conceded, get reasons why it was conceded, report it all back to you with reccomendations and you decide whether to deduct points/ban from league.

Maybe try to find 5 or 6 coaches that would want to do it so you can decide who to head up the 'investigation'. That way the coaches looking into it can be the coaches that would be least affected by a team dropping points.

It's a bit of a long winded way to go about it but it seems the fairest Smile

On a side note... Flincolnshire Chaos ate in S.P.L.A.T for the long haul so I think you should get new images for every season taken part in................ Jus' sayin Razz
baelnic

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'll have a new participation logo soon. The problem is Windwaker HD and Scribblenauts Unmasked are eating up my non-Blood Bowl time hehe.
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, I've got the same problem with RTW2 and Civ5 atm Razz
Subs

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, due to my bad english, i dont explain exactly what i mean in my question:
For me, a Splat team cant concede or must be fired. My question was mostly if a splat team meet a stunty team not in splat, does she have a bonus for making concede this opponent?
Do you understand me?=) Sorry for ugly accent!!
baelnic

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand.

No there is no bonuses for causing a Concession.

First off, the spectators hate quitters. Seriously. If you spent 2 gold dragons to go see a match and you were told you had to go home to your wife an hour earlier? Have you seen these fans wives? Second, while S.P.L.A.T. encourages healthy competition we don't want to start the concession wave in Stunty. Games are intended to be fun and quick and if they can't be fun then quick.
Subs

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thx!
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Season got off to a not-so-great start - 3 no-regen cas against horrors in three turns. then java crashes for my opponent, so we have to cancel. Sad

And now I can't even play my team
baelnic

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, SPLAT hasn't started just yet Razz We don't officially start until NEXT Friday. So plenty of time to fidget with teams and whatnot.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2013 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

oh. ok cool!
 Jump to: