31 coaches online • Server time: 11:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...goto Post Making Assassins mor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel a 'Best New Stunty Team' forum entry coming on.

I agree on the broken-ness of the Squig team. All it takes is a player like Azure to (enthusiastically) demonstrate the flaws in the team design to really call attention to...the flaws in the team design.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yah, something gotta give there. I think non-Claw Hoppers and 60k TRR would do it. That incentivizes people to field multiple Squigs, and Squigs eat TRR like they eat everything else.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

some general thought on stunty

I think the biggest challenge stunty faces is the complexity creep. Almost all players start with the same 2-3 skills. Either small man with stunty, dodge, right stuff, or big guys with negatrait, mighty blow, loner. (Yes, there are exceptions.) It means that if you add rosters, you are looking at possible 3-4 skills per players, which is a lot to remember. (plus positionals, plus any advancement.)
I think the obvious design space lies in the different stats (movement, strength, agility, armor) for linemen type players. The only way to maximize variety of rosters, and minimize complexity creep is to max out on those different stat combinations. (Fully aware that armor above 7 would look silly on small man, so there is some restriction.)
The other not so obvious design space is to apply linos with less traits than the stunty package. (Possibly removing dodge and or right stuff.)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What's wrong with 'complexity creep'? (sic)

There's room for as many rosters as the individual is willing to accept. For me the limit is what is plausible as a team in that world.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Complexity is detriment for a subset of player base. So complexity lessens the base a game can attract.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Complexity is detriment for a subset of player base. So complexity lessens the base a game can attract.

Not sure I agree with that. I think a lot of people like the diverse players types in Stunty versus the bland, "typical" player builds found on most BB players and rosters. It opens up so much more you can try to do on the pitch, making it more enjoyable.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you can argue that simplicity can also be detriment, but I don't think you can counter my above statement. I said complexity is detriment for a subset of players. So if there is at least 1 player for whom it is detriment, then the statement is true. I volunteer for that one, but my researches in gaming makes me believe that I am not alone.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
bghandras wrote:

Not sure I agree with that. I think a lot of people like the diverse players types in Stunty versus the bland, "typical" player builds found on most BB players and rosters. It opens up so much more you can try to do on the pitch, making it more enjoyable.

I totally don't agree with that. However, I'm not a fan of overdescribed players in BB.

In stunty though, I don't think that matters too much.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2013 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

angry midget space marines!

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see both Moulder and Pestilens done.

Jackass crack at Pestilens
0-1 Plagueclaw Catapult 2 5 1 8 Bombardier, No Hands, Nerves of Steel, Thick Skull, Secret Weapon (8+) S
0-2 Censer Bearer 5 5 3 6 Ball & Chain, Decay, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, No Hands, Nurgle's Rot, Secret Weapon (6+) S/M
0-4 Plague Monk 7 2 3 6 Dodge, Disturbing Presence, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration GAM
0-2 Infected Rat 6 1 4 5 Dauntless, Decay, Dodge, No Hands, Nurgle's Rot, Stunty, Wild Animal A
0-16 Pestilens Slave 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A/M
0-12 Nurgling (can't be hired)

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %25, %2013 - %02:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Moulder would also be high on my list as well. Pestilens isn't really suited for Stunty imo.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That doesn't look like a fun build? It feels a tad Strigoyan, in that it's about the 4 really good players, but instead of the one instant superstar they have a variety of one-hit wonders. They might be a tad good, make the Catapult a Star Player maybe and that should do it I'd think. I toyed with Decay on the Slaves.

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 02:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure when WhatBall announces that he's actually looking at new teams we'll get a frenzy of suggestions, opinions and recommendations Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
That doesn't look like a fun build?

It's just not suited, no matter what the build. To put Pestilens in Stunty, would be 'super deforming' it or 'linging' it.

*Plagueclaw catapult - One of these bloody 8th ed devices that everyone will want to forget about in a few years. Like with the 4th ed ones.

*Censer Bearers - Yep they would fit.

*Infected Rats - Generally keeping 'dumb animals' in BB to a minimum would be better. Moulder would get pack rats, so there's some duplication here, and better suited to the Moulder roster.

*Plague Monks - Plague Monks are pretty tough and unsuited to this profile. They've definitely been 'linged' here.

*Nurglings - I like this idea, many may not. If the roster was a stunty roster I'd suggest doing this too, as I suggested it for the 'alternative' BB roster.

Don't get me wrong, Pestilens is one of the rosters I'd most like to see and in fact I was thinking if I added 1 roster to BB it would be Pestilens. Just not for stunty, the fluff doesn't fit.

You also have to think how many skaven teams should we have? If anything adding a third is really pushing it.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2013 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I'm sure when WhatBall announces that he's actually looking at new teams we'll get a frenzy of suggestions, opinions and recommendations Very Happy

Perhaps you haven't seen one of the Best New Stunty Team threads compiling (most of) the team ideas to date?

Yeah, there's no shortage of team ideas for WhatBall to work with.